Position: Case Assistant, Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services (CVVRS) – Full time (35 hours per week)
Location: Ottawa, ON
March of Dimes Canada (MODC) is a federally registered national charity that offers a wide variety of programs and services to Canadians living with disabilities. Since 1951, March of Dimes Canada has been on the forefront of the disability movement with a mission that is dedicated to maximizing the independence, personal empowerment and community participation of people with disabilities.
Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services (CVVRS) is a joint venture comprised of two well-respected vocational rehabilitation providers. With more than 40 years experience providing comprehensive vocational rehabilitation services, Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services brings together a national network of service providers and vocational rehabilitation experts to ensure the best support for Veterans and their families.
The Case Assistant (CA) is responsible for assisting the field operations team in providing vocational services to modern-day Veterans and their families adjust to civilian life. The Case Assistant assists in writing reports and coordinating communications with Participants and service providers. The Case Assistant is responsible for supporting the field operations team in any activities such as research to develop plans and reports.
The ideal candidate will show an interest in vocational rehabilitation and willingness to learn. They must have initiative and strong organizational abilities. The candidate must be able to deal with Participant information in a confidential and professional manner. The Case Assistant will be expected to have excellent team and interpersonal skills and be able to work comfortably under pressure. The ideal candidate will be interested in pursuing the Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP) certification.
- Provide support to Vocational Rehabilitation programs
- Receive, review, track and document referral information
- Coordinate referral information with appropriate parties (both external and internal)
- Identify client referral source, service guidelines and/or expectations including eligibility for service
- Convey information and coordinate with different members of the department and organization.
- Complete follow ups with health care providers as required
- Act as a liaison between health care providers and field operations team on status of services
- Complete assessment outcomes and recommendations
- Comply with program requirements for client confidentiality of information and records
- Keep comprehensive customer records, comply with internal and external data requirements
- Bachelors degree in psychological, social work or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Experience in administration and report writing
- Knowledge of Government funded disability-based services, veterans services and/or the workers compensation system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Windows
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong records management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that individuals with disabilities have
- Ability to communicate in both official languages considered an asset
Compensation for this role is $41,769.00 per year, with two weeks vacation. March of Dimes Canada offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé outlining how you meet the above qualifications to Emma Zylstra at
- Our current CVVRS contract is until December 31, 2022.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.