Events & Community Engagement Coordinator
Since 1975, The Mustard Seed Street Church (MSSC) has been fighting hunger while restoring Faith for
families and individuals living in poverty, as well as the working poor, throughout the Capital Regional
District. We are a Christian community offering a continuum of care that operates the Hospitality Centre
for relationship building and advocacy, the Food Security Distribution Centre, Vancouver Island’s largest,
the Family Centre that supports and empowers families and our addiction recovery program at Hope
Farm Healing Centre in Duncan serving all who come to us without discrimination. Through these core
programs we assist over 45,000 people each month with the help of more than 50 daily volunteers and
many generous financial supporters.
Accountable to the Development Manager, the Events & Community Engagement Coordinator is
responsible for the executing events, food drives and community engagement in the greater Victoria
area. This position is a ‘hands on’ in the community role to raise funds, awareness and collect food items
for our food bank and food recovery programs.
The goal of this position is to increase the donor base and strengthen our community partners while
running multiple events in the community.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Report to Director of Operations
• As a Christian leader represent the Mustard Seed in a professional, warm manner.
• Result driven
• Achieve annual revenue targets.
• Maintain, develop and steward MSSC donor relationships, with a focus on monthly giving
and major donations.
• Responsbile for the special event calendar as the events coordinator you plan and oversee
• Represent our Coffee Company and plan tasting for our coffee.
• Other job-related duties as required
• Recommended 2 years experience in fund development or sales.
• Minimum of 3 years event or party planning.
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role, preferably in a non-profit environment
• Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public relations, or related program
• Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication skills
• High energy with the ability to self-manage and multi task.
• Excellent Networker and ability to create FUN while Fundraising
• Adaptable, creative, and flexible with ability to lead through change and to take positive
initiative and provide recommendations
• Excellent problem-solving skills, conflict resolution skills, the ability to work under pressure, the
ability to receive constructive feedback, and the ability to work in a group environment and as
• Strong work ethic
• Responsible and accountable
Terms of Employment
• Must be willing to sign the staff code of conduct
• This position reports to: Development Manager
• Hours: 37.5hrs work week
• Must agree to following The Mustard Seed policies which are a living, changing document
• Must provide an acceptable criminal record check, including the level of clearance required to
work with vulnerable people.
• Must provide completed Medical Assessment form from your doctor.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!