Since 1975, The Mustard Seed Street Church (MSSC) has been fighting hunger while restoring Faith for
families and individuals living in poverty, as well as the working poor, throughout the Capital Regional
District. We are a Christian community offering a continuum of care that operates the Hospitality Centre
for relationship building and advocacy, the Food Security Distribution Centre, Vancouver Island’s largest,
the Family Centre that supports and empowers families and our addiction recovery program at Hope
Farm Healing Centre in Duncan serving all who come to us without discrimination. Through these core
programs we assist over 45,000 people each month with the help of more than 50 daily volunteers and
many generous financial supporters.
Accountable to the Director of Operations, the Development Manager is responsible for the areas of
fund development, social media, and event coordination. This position is responsible for executing the
fundraising plan(Developed by Director of Operations) including individual, corporate, foundation and
bequest donor strategies. This position will also be responsible for creating the communications plan for
social media. The goal of this position is to implement an effective and efficient management system to
empower development team and build relationships with community partners. To increase dollars
raised, increase the donor base, and assist in establishing a strong and clear organizational narrative.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Report to Director of Operations
• Oversight and Responsibility of Development Department
• As a Christian leader direct, supervise, evaluate, encourage, and coach staff in the
• Adapting development plan according to current situation and trends
• Achieve annual revenue targets.
• Maintain, develop and steward MSSC donor relationships, with a focus on monthly giving
and major donations.
• Direct the development and review of proposals, grant applications and gift agreements
with oversight from the Director of Operations.
• Direct the special event calendar and to ensure appropriate resources are in place to
manage each event.
• Responsible for all marketing materials and ensure good stewardship of MSSC brand
• Supportive of Social Enterprise initiatives
• Other job-related duties as required
• Recommended three years progressive experience in fund development.
• Minimum of three years event planning and execution for fundraising.
• Knowledge of operational practices for a development department and its function in a nonprofit environment
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role, preferably in a non-profit environment
• Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public relations, or related program
• Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent Networker and ability to create FUN while Fundraising
• Adaptable, creative, and flexible with ability to lead through change and to take positive
initiative and provide recommendations
• Excellent problem-solving skills, conflict resolution skills, the ability to work under pressure, the
ability to receive constructive feedback, and the ability to work in a group environment and as
• Strong work ethic
• Responsible and accountable
• Compassionate and kind demeanor
Terms of Employment
• Must be willing to sign the staff code of conduct
• This position reports to: Director of Operations
• Hours: 37.5hrs work week
• Must agree to following The Mustard Seed policies which are a living, changing document
• Must provide an acceptable criminal record check, including the level of clearance required to
work with vulnerable people.
• Must provide completed Medical Assessment form from your doctor.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!