Employment Resource Advisor,
Burnaby-Edmonds WorkBC Centre location
Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking a client-centered, results-oriented individual who is passionate about empowering clients to reach their personal and employment goals in the role of Employment Resource Advisor. This position will be based out of the Burnaby-Edmonds WorkBC Centre location.
Employment Resource Advisor
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Employment Resource Advisor is primarily responsible for the operation of the WorkBC Resource Room and assisting clients with their job search process, maintaining the job board, and providing resources resulting in improved employability and successful job attachment outcomes. This position also provides back-up to the Employment Skills Facilitators, as well as additional administrative support to WorkBC Centre staff.
· Support client in the resource room: assist with equipment usage, job search techniques, online applications and resume writing
· Support the determination of client eligibility for self-service or case management services
· Assist client to register for services through the Online Employment Services (OES) portal
· Ensure that clients are aware of all available services and supports related to achieving job attachment outcome
· Access employment and community related information resources and supports, as well as government programs or benefits, clients may benefit from
· Assist and support clients to use computers and the internet for job search and to respond to job vacancy postings using email or fax
· Develop and keep an updated directory of local up-to-date community-based services as well as information from community service organizations that may be useful to clients
· Work with centre staff to ensure that relevant Labour Market information is easily accessible through the Self-Serve resource area
· Check WorkBC site daily for up-to-date job postings and maintain job board
· Provide clients with access to employment-related self-assessment tools such as interests, personality type, values, career planning, and employability assessments
· Facilitate workshops as required
· Provide back-up coverage and support for the facilitator and receptionist
· Telephone clients to remind them of workshops and provide general reception coverage as needed
· Post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree in adult education, counselling, psychology, social work, human services, or ESL studies
· Demonstrated experience providing customer service resolving issues both in person and in a virtual service delivery environment
· Experience working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Knowledge of the local labour market, community resources, and government programs
· Knowledge of job search techniques, career development, and issues relating to unemployment
· Team player with the ability to work effectively with all types of people
· Good interpersonal skills coupled with strong verbal communication skills
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills; ability to prioritize
· Strong digital literacy skills in Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams.
· Tactful, discreet, diplomatic, patient, flexible and possesses cultural sensitivity and excellent judgement in decision-making
· Sound knowledge of the Employment Insurance Act, BC Employment and Assistance program and WorkBC Employment Program policies
· Career Development Practitioner certification
· Proficiency in a second language
· Facilitation experience
· Integrated Case Management system (ICM) knowledge will be considered an asset
Full-time (35 hours per week)
Annual salary commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications
MOSAIC offers a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Employment Resource Advisor, Burnaby-Edmonds WorkBC Centre”. Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until filled
October 4th 2021
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!