Encompass Support Services Society is an accredited, non-profit agency that provides a wide range of programs and support services in Langley and Aldergrove for over 25 years. We help to build strong, sustainable communities by offering inclusive, accessible services tailored to meet the changing needs of the individuals and community we serve.
At Encompass, we are committed to a journey towards cultural humility and safety; for the well-being of those we serve and those, we work along-side. We gratefully acknowledge that the programs, services and offices of Encompass are on the unceded, sovereign Indigenous lands of the Coast Salish People. This includes the territories of Kwantlen, Katzie, Matsqui and Semiahmoo First Nations. We also acknowledge the Métis and Inuit people who make Langley their home.
Our purpose is to strengthen the health and vitality of community by identifying and responding to community needs, collaborating to enhance the lives of those we serve, while cultivating effective and sustainable partnerships.
Our vision is to empower individuals, to connect people, and to enrich lives. We value community, integrity, excellence, accountability, dynamic leadership and culture, advocacy, diversity, empowerment and collaboration.
Programs and supports are designed to build new skills, to foster healthy, productive lifestyles and to improve access to services within our community. Services are low-barrier, all-inclusive and at no cost to participants. Annually, we provide services to over 2500 individuals and families.
We are looking for a high energy and motivated Human Resources and Administrative Assistant to join our administrative team. Working under the leadership of the Executive Director of Operations, this position will provide administrative support with the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and programs and will carry out responsibilities in a wide variety of areas.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a human resources role, preferably in the not-for-profit sector and within a unionized environment, for a minimum of two years. We are looking for a high energy, can do person, who thrives in a fast paced environment and can handle changing priorities with ease and work well independently.
JOB POSTING: 2021-0100 HR and Admin Assistant
DATE: October 4, 2021
POSITION: Human Resources and Administrative Assistant
(Bargaining Unit Exempt Position)
HOURS OF WORK: Temp Full- Time – 37.5 Hours per week
END DATE: March 31, 2022 (potential for extension)
SALARY RANGE: CSSEA Wage Grid 10 Step 2 - $22.68
BENEFITS: Not Eligible
VACATION: As per ESS policies
START DATE: ASAP
CLOSING DATE: October 15, 2021 at 4 PM
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administers and maintains employee personnel files and is required to update, maintain and review files as necessary.
2. Assumes first point of contact for former, prospective and current employees. Conducts reference checks, provides employment confirmation letters, drafts and circulates job postings, assists in creating job descriptions and assists employees with Health and welfare benefit related questions, and claims.
3. Drafts confidential employment related letters to include; letters of expectations, corrective action, written warnings and termination.
4. Answers in-person inquiries; routes to appropriate staff members if required.
5. Administers and maintains a variety of databases which collect information for management. Generates management reports from information collected.
6. Ensures that all materials are prepared for leadership and staff meetings. Records and produces meeting minutes as required for general and disciplinary action meetings.
7. Organizes and files confidential employee documentation.
8. Provides support to the leadership team with various facets of workload as required
9. Updates and maintains agency’s required training such as Criminal Record Checks and First Aid Certificate expiry dates for employees on HRIS system and Microsoft Excel.
10. Assists with onboarding and orientation of new employees.
11. Maintains the cleanliness and tidiness of the facility
12. Others duties as required.
1. Education and Knowledge
• Diploma in or currently enrolled in a Human Resources Management Program
• Completion of grade 12 and intermediate office administration courses or equivalent
• Working toward an CPHR designation is an asset
2. Training and Experience
• One to three years of general office and human resources experience. Experience working in a unionized environment an asset
• Experience using HRIS system (Bamboo HR) an asset
3. Skills and Abilities
• Various word processing, spreadsheet, Powerpoint, databases and other applications and software knowledge.
• Professional, confidential, friendly, courteous, respectful and motivated.
• Excellent research abilities and interest in training and development of employees
• Knowledge of human resources principles and best practices.
• Ability to keep all personnel information confidential
• Ability to work on a number of projects and tasks simultaneously,
• Excellent interpersonal, decision making, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to anticipate needs, use good judgment, meet project deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Working knowledge of British Columbia employment law and labour standards
• Demonstrated interest in the social services sector
4. Other Information
• Current First Aid certification
• Current Criminal Record Check
At Encompass Support Services Society, equity, diversity, and inclusion at the core of who we are. These principles guide us in our programs and services and in fostering an environment of dignity, respect and belonging. We encourage applications from persons with historical and/or current barriers to equity, who will work respectfully within our inclusive organization and diverse community.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!