John Howard Society (JHS) Pacific is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides innovative programming in the social services sector. We strive to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all.
This position will provide support to residents who are transitioning from correctional institutions to the community, easing their transition and assisting in their reintegration efforts. You will work with residents according to their individual risk and needs, maintain the goals of the federal program, and ensure the orderly and safe operation of the facility.
Abbotsford, Surrey, and Vancouver
Days (07:00 – 15:00)
Evenings (15:00 – 23:00)
Overnights (23:00 – 07:00)
In Vancouver and Surrey:
Days (06:00 – 14:00)
Evenings (14:00 – 22:00 or 16:00 – 00:00)
Overnights (22:00 – 06:00)
Casual employees must be available for at least ten overnight, ten daytime, and ten evening shifts each month.
These positions require the ability to work flexible hours during the daytime, evenings, and weekends based on operational needs.
• Provides input to the Program Manager and other staff about the development and progress of appropriate care plans to achieve residents’ objectives
• Assists the Program Manager and other staff in the identification of potential problems and reports any difficulties
• Maintains client files including statement of goals, case/care plans, summaries, case notes, reviews, and closing reports
• Ensures residents follow the terms of their residency and are aware of the rules of the facility
• Supervises residents, volunteers, and activities while on shift, including maintaining case notes and the logbook
• Along with the other residence staff, monitors and ensures effective operation of the facility including quality control concerning cleaning equipment, indoor and outdoor maintenance, inventory, food services, and safety
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A Diploma in Social Services and one-year of related experience is preferred; inhouse training can be provided for the right candidate
• Professional or lived experience working with vulnerable populations experiencing multiple barriers
• A demonstrated and clear ability to respond well in crisis situations
• Ability to provide a high level of motivation, flexibility, and sensitivity to residents
• Ability to successfully pass a Reliability Security Clearance
• Ability to successfully pass a TB screening
• Ability to successfully pass a reference check
• Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
• Valid driver’s licence
• Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients (negotiable depending on program location and needs)
As JHS Pacific is a unionized environment, the starting wage is $21.63 per hour plus 10.2% in lieu of vacation pay and benefits (for casual employees). The wage will increase with every 2,000 hours worked up to a maximum of $25.19 per hour.
WHAT WE OFFER?
• Committed Living Wage Employer
• Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
• Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs
• Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an inhouse counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At JHS Pacific, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including but not limited to members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities, and people with disabilities.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!