Are you a multi-tasker who enjoys a challenge? Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment and are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity? If the answer is "Yes!” this is the job for you!
Catholic Social Services is currently recruiting for a full-time (40 hours/week) Human Resources Assistant in Red Deer.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion, and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1,600 staff, and 2,000 volunteers delivering 130+ programs through Central and Northern Alberta.
Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Humility: We acknowledge with gratitude our human abilities and limitations. We demonstrate humility by doing the best that we can with the resources that we have.
- Compassion: We respond to people in need with love. We demonstrate our compassion by caring for people without judgment and without condition.
- Respect: We demonstrate our respect by being personally present, open and attentive to those we care for and by honouring their dignity and freedom.
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant functions as a member of the HR team based in the Red Deer office. As the HR Assistant, you will provide support in all functional areas of HR including recruitment, data management, and administration. As the ideal candidate, you will provide exceptional customer service in a manner that focuses on accuracy, critical timelines, and confidentiality. This diverse role will require a high performing individual who provides effective service quality and customer experience. The ideal candidate will have strong planning, organizing, and communication skills.
As a key member of the HR team reporting to the HR Manager, the position responsibilities include:
HR Coordination, Support, & Administration:
- Assist the HR team with various HR related tasks, including queries from client groups and provide backup support to the HR Service Partners, HR Coordinator, and HR Manager as needed
- Process mail in the HR email inbox
- Collaborate with supervisors to ensure HR processes and change forms are completed correctly
- Process employee changes, such as position changes, merit increases, leaves of absence, etc. in the HRIS
- Act as the main point of contact in the recruitment cycle:
- Draft and post available job opportunities to the applicant tracking system (ATS) and relevant job boards
- Assist in the reference checking process
- Draft and send job offers to candidates
- Collect and process onboarding documents
- Employee file creation and maintenance, both paper copies and within HRIS
- Assist employees with the completion of documentation and queries
- Prepare employment verification letters as needed
- Complete employee change forms and coordinate with Payroll for accurate processing
- Process and input various employee data into HRIS, including work permit/SIN expirations, security clearance checks, driving documents, performance appraisal data, etc.
- Audit HR data to ensure employee changes are processed
- Compile various HR data reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as needed
- Maintain accurate employee filing records
- Conduct regular employee file audits to ensure compliance with COA requirements
- A Diploma or Degree in Human Resources, Office Administration, Business Administration, or an acceptable related field
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
- 2-3 years of experience, preferably in an HR Assistant or HR Coordinator role
- Police Information Check from local RCMP or City Police detachment
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other applications/databases
- Must be self-motivated and able to function in a team environment;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives with a sense of urgency;
What We Offer:
- Flexible benefit options when eligible.
- Work within a highly collaborative, team-oriented agency, where your ideas are heard, and you can see your impact daily.
- Growth opportunities: apply and grow your skills within a dynamic, innovative and expanding agency that is taking a leadership role in our industry.
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers quoting the Competition Number 2419.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.