John Howard Society (JHS) Pacific is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides innovative programming in the social services sector. We strive to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all.
This position will provide casework and clinical support to residents of the John Howard Society Pacific (JHS)’s programs in order to enhance their quality of life, to ensure the orderly and safe operation of the facility, and to maintain the goals of the counselling and/or rehabilitative plans.
Multiple Part-Time and Full-Time positions available. Various permanent positions will be made up of the following shifts:
· Morning (0700 – 1500)
· Evening (1500 – 2300)
· Overnight (2300 – 0700)
· Provides input to the Program Manager and/or other staff regarding the development of appropriate care plans to achieve residents’ objectives
· Ensures residents follow the terms of their residency and are aware of the rules of the facility
· Provides emotional support and feedback to residents and their families
· When assigned, participates in social, recreational, employment, educational and other programs as appropriate to assist residents’ case/care plans
· Acts as a positive role model for residents, providing life skills training and behaviour management as appropriate
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven ability to work within a fast-paced, growth-focused environment. The ideal candidate has:
· Graduated with a Degree or Diploma with one year related mental health experience
· Experience in the appropriate field and demonstrate a clear ability to respond well in crisis situations
· A clear understanding of Psycho Social Rehabilitation applications
· An understanding of providing service to people with different learning abilities
· Demonstrated experience in an applicable residential setting
· Demonstrated a good working knowledge of the technical details important to the functioning of group residences
· Experience with clients with a history of conflict with the law, developmental disabilities and/or spectrum disorders, interaction with social agencies and experiencing psychiatric/personality disorders
· An awareness of Community Living of British Columbia (the contractor) concerns, laws, and policies related to the specific residence program
· Demonstrated the ability to teach skills and work effectively with others
· Knowledge of theory, principles, and practices in the fields related to the particular residence
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Ability to successfully complete a Vulnerable Persons Criminal Records Check
· Ability to successfully pass a reference check
· Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
· Valid driver’s license
· Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients
As JHS Pacific is a unionized environment, the starting wage is $21.63 per hour plus a benefits package agreed upon in the Collective Agreement.
WHAT WE OFFER?
· Committed Living Wage Employer
· Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
· Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs
· Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an inhouse counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At JHS Pacific, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including but not limited to members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities, and people with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!