JOB POSTING 2021-106-01
Family Connections Counselling
Counsellor & Group Facilitator
Wage: $33.66/hour (plus benefits)
Part Time: 18 hr/wk.
Temporary with Possibility of Permanent: November 1, 2021-March 31, 2022
With potential for permanent dependent on funding
This position incudes offering individual and relationship counselling to parents, liaising with MCFD/FVACFSS Social Workers, and maintaining required documentation. This position also includes facilitating groups relating to parenting and mental wellness. The counsellor assists clients in developing healthy coping skills, improving family functioning and working towards identified goals.
- Offer individual and relationship counselling including but not limited to psycho-education, crisis support, trauma counselling and couples counselling.
- In consultation with clients (and their Social Worker when applicable), complete a counselling contract that outlines client goals. Collaborate with clients during regular counselling sessions and complete an assessment and implement a service plan to address counselling goals.
- Co-facilitate parenting groups related to mental wellness; complete individual intakes with group participants, assist in managing group wait lists, preparing and facilitating group sessions and maintaining group files.
- Maintains confidential client files both on paper and on agency’s online tracking system (Cams). Client files will at minimum include intake forms, confidentiality and consent form, basic assessment information, relevant session notes, service plan, and closing report.
- Participates in individual supervision, group supervision, staff meetings, trainings and events.
- Provides other related duties as required.
Requirements and qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Master’s degree in counselling psychology or related field
- Eligible for registration with a professional regulatory body such as the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors or Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Training in trauma, group counselling and family dynamics
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Two years’ experience providing counselling preferred
- Or a combination of relevant sector experience and successful completion of hours for registration the CCPA or BCACC
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Excellent verbal, written and active listening skills
- Familiarity with a variety of therapeutic modalities such as Emotional Focused therapy, Gottman Method, Internal Family Systems, Polyvagal Theory, Solution Focused, Narrative Therapy, etc.
- Non-judgmental ability to connect with and communicate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Excellent Group Facilitation Skills and working knowledge of group process
- Strong crisis de-escalation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong documentation skills, able to produce accurate and factual case notes in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize competing priorities
- Up to date knowledge of relevant community resources
- Strong computer skills, able to use Microsoft Office 365 and virtual meeting platforms including Microsoft Teams
- Regular ongoing Clinical supervision and professional development training provided
- This position includes flexible availability within our program hours of 8:30am-5:30pm to accommodate client schedules
- This position interacts with people in difficult situations
- This position requires in person service as well as virtual service. Social distancing must be followed, and appropriate PPE will be provided