John Howard Society (JHS) Pacific is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides innovative programming in the social services sector. We strive to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all.
This position will provide outreach support to client(s) referred to JHS Pacific and assist individuals achieve sustainable employment.
40 hours per week.
Flexible hours based on client needs, including evenings and weekends. Program operational hours are generally from 08:00 – 21:00.
• Ensures that effective employment programs are delivered
• Liaises with other JHS staff/management regarding potential referrals of suitable participants for the employment program, or for referrals of participants already in the program to other JHS programs and services
• Liaises with contractors who provide training or certification in assisting participants achieving employment
• Completes Intake and Employability Assessments to determine eligibility and suitability for the program
• Based on individual need, provides a combination of employment assistance services, skills development training, and/or wage subsidies in order for each participant to achieve the expected participant outcomes
• Conducts in depth assessment of participants training needs (personality, vocational and essential skills assessments)
• Works with each participant to develop an individualized plan including identifying training needs, key steps, timelines, resources and milestones to achieve employment or career goals, using the Case Administration Management System
• Actively develops volunteer and job placements in the community for participants
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with relevant community services and agencies
• Completes monthly evaluations by program staff on achievement and progress; collects workplace evaluation from employers
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A Diploma in Social Services and one-year relevant experience is preferred; inhouse training can be provided for the right candidate
• Professional or lived experience working with vulnerable populations experiencing multiple barriers
• A demonstrated and clear ability to respond well in crisis situations
• Ability to successfully complete a Vulnerable Persons Criminal Records Check
• Ability to successfully pass a reference check
• Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
• Valid driver’s license
• Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients
As JHS Pacific is a unionized environment, the starting wage is $23.10 per hour plus 10.2% in lieu of vacation pay and benefits (for casual employees). The wage will increase with every 2,000 hours worked up to a maximum of $26.91 per hour.
WHAT WE OFFER?
• Committed Living Wage Employer
• Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
• Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs
• Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an inhouse counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At JHS Pacific, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including but not limited to members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities, and people with disabilities.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!