Position: Program Assistant, Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services (CVVRS) – Full time (35 hours per week)
Location: North York, ON
March of Dimes Canada (MODC) is a federally registered national charity that offers a wide variety of programs and services to Canadians living with disabilities. Since 1951, March of Dimes Canada has been on the forefront of the disability movement with a mission that is dedicated to maximizing the independence, personal empowerment and community participation of people with disabilities. Our 2018-2023 Strategic plan is focuses on a bold vision of enhancing services to an expanding constituency, financing the vision, building stakeholder partnerships and creating an appropriate and sustainable infrastructure. Through our Culture Code we live the values of: We Are One Team, We Are Accountable to Ourselves and Each Other, and We Adapt and Grow Together.
Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services (CVVRS) is a joint venture comprised of two well-respected vocational rehabilitation providers. With more than 40 years experience providing comprehensive vocational rehabilitation services, Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services brings together a national network of service providers and vocational rehabilitation experts to ensure the best support for Veterans and their families.
The Program Assistant (PA) is responsible for supporting the administrative aspects of the Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services program to ensure it runs efficiently. The PA is responsible for working collaboratively with the other Program Assistants to support a standard approach nationally. The PA is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative duties that supports the field operations team in providing exceptional services to the veterans
The ideal candidate will have a functional knowledge and understanding of administrative work and strong skills using Microsoft Office. The candidate will have strong independence as well as teamwork skills. The Program Assistant will be comfortable with completing a variety of administrative tasks and willingness to learn. They must have well-developed time management and organizational skills and be comfortable with changing priorities. The ideal candidate enjoys challenges and working with a diverse team.
- Provide direct administrative support to the CVVRS Team to ensure program adherence to contract requirements
- Establish and adhere to processes (records management, data entry, and reporting and analysis) to ensure contract compliance, and smooth program operation
- Ensure the coordination of various administrative tasks for multiple regional sites.
- Handling internal and external communications with both staff and external providers/vendors
- Assist with core service and claims processing by helping to review, correct, and resolve declined claims and core services
- Assist with screening new applicants and managing the hiring/onboarding of new employees
- Provide a wide range of administrative support which includes maintaining office equipment, meeting and greeting clients, preparing for meetings, daily and weekly data entry, maintaining office supplies, generating and maintaining accurate records (electronic and manual), inputting financial data and generating financial reports (invoicing and purchase orders) etc.
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study
- 2 years of experience in general office administration
- Experience in a rehabilitation or employment services setting
- Fluency in a second language is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral; ability to produce grammatically accurate emails, letters and informal communications.
- Keyboarding of 50-70 WPM
- Excellent numeric skills, with proven ability (through formal qualifications and/or experience)
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), email and databases
- Strong financial knowledge, including accounting procedures and software; invoice processing and reconciliation
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player that has the ability to accept responsibility, and to cooperate and communicate with others to accomplish organizational goals
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Flexible to changing demands of the job
Compensation is $40,877.20 per year with two weeks of vacation. March of Dimes Canada offers a comprehensive benefits package, to meet individual and family needs.
- The successful candidate is expected to attend the office in Nork York three days a week. The two other days can be work from home.
- This is full-time position with extended benefits that ends on December 31, 2022.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.