WAGE RANGE: $25.05 - $28.47
POSTING DATE: OCT. 7, 2021
CLOSING DATE: OCT. 21, 2021
LOCATION: 1299 OXFORD STREET E., LONDON, ON
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday to Friday
This posting is for one (1) TEMPORARY full-time position (UP TO SIX MONTHS).
Who We Are: London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) provides 3,282 housing units across 32 properties to more than 5,000 people. Those who call LMCH home are a diverse cross-section of individuals including families, seniors, adults, and new Canadians, all of whom are living with limited income. At LMCH, we believe that housing is the foundation of a better tomorrow.
Mission: LMCH provides and maintains homes in a safe and supportive environment to meet the needs of the people we serve in our communities.
Vision: LMCH envisions healthy homes and communities in London and Middlesex. Leading by example, LMCH will help make a difference and positively impact lives using housing as the foundation.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The successful candidate for this temporary, full-time unionized position will support the Manager responsible for vacancy coordination in the delivery of construction, restoration, service contracts, and procurement. The positions will report to the Manager responsible for Vacancy Coordination.
The objective is to enhance the capabilities of the department in the following key areas:
- Procurement of construction services (capital and operational).
- Delivery of Units following restoration and turnover.
- Management of recurring service contracts such as garbage removal.
- Reporting on departmental KPI’s, Capital Budget, Payment certification, holdbacks, performance bonds.
- Administration of the Project Management System.
- Improve tenant chargebacks.
The role will include 2 functional areas: vacancy coordination and management. The final apportionment of duties will be determined based on operational need by the Director and will also include such other duties reasonably required for the effective discharge of the position. The role will provide cover where necessary for the other incumbent and assist with coverage within the department as required. The role will be based in the main office, but occasional travel to sites will be required.
- To schedule, co-ordinate, process, and expedite the steps in the restoration of all LMHC vacant units, preparing them for new occupancy.
- Assist the manager in meeting specified KPI’s and minimizing the Corporation’s idle inventory.
- This position requires regular and on-going co-ordination with Tenant Services, other Property Services staff & managers, City staff, and external contractors. The position will have responsibility for ensuring efficient back charging of tenant damage or neglect.
- On an on-going basis, track inventory of vacant units to be restored.
- For each unit visit develop a scope and initiate the restoration process using the defined documentation and dispatch the work to the appropriate site staff.
- Develop and administer a program of pre- move-out checking, liaising, with tenants to reduce chargeable deficiencies.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Manager and the Director, an improved system of administration leveraging the property management software to maximize efficiency and cooperate with PS and TS to improve the method of unit inspection using tools created.
- Support tenant admin in recording ingoing and outgoing conditions using the improved inspection process.
- Complete the development of the restoration package to ensure the flexible scheduling of the restoration crew.
- Determine a charge back specification and, in cooperation with TSM and PSM, ensure an appropriate back charge is calculated and levied.
- Coordinate with the Manager responsible for Vacancy Coordination and PSMs to effectively deploy forces for restoration and minor construction projects.
- Co-ordinate and process on an expedited basis, using judgement to ensure efficient and effective outcomes, for all steps involved in the restoration process (an example list is provided as an appendix).
Specific Tasks Related to Vacancy Coordination
- To create a move-out restoration work order for all new vacancies.
- Provide Restoration Records to on-site staff for all new vacancies.
- To schedule and process debris removals as required for vacant units.
- To schedule and process pest inspections and treatments for all vacant units.
- To schedule and process all contractor work required for vacant units.
- To recall, reschedule, or cancel contractors as required and log deficiencies.
- To act as liaison between contractors and LMCH to discuss concerns and resolve problems.
- To ensure adherence to current LMCH Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure all scheduled work is completed within established time frames.
- Liaise with Tenant Placement to facilitate early viewings where units can be shown prior to paint and clean.
- To maintain move-out records in Yardi Enterprise (or current system employed) and in a paper filing system.
- To monitor on an on-going basis the progress of restoration work in all vacancies, and communicating as required with various LMCH staff to ensure timely completion of the placement of new tenants. This includes using judgment on the escalation of issues to Managers for additional decisions.
- Develop and snagging (punch) list prior to unit release.
- Sign off unit and change lock and hand off to TP.
- Monitor and maintain an appropriate inventory of keys, arranging for replacement and reparation of key sets and locks.
- Cancellation of entrance fobs for outgoing tenancies.
- Complete a monthly audit of the key log.
- Prepare, process, and maintain tenant charge records for outgoing tenancies.
- Work with TP to ensure prompt delivery of units to reflect demand, urgent transfers and sufficient variety of type and location.
- Monitor trends, escalate resources to maintain vacancy KPIs.
- Monitor standards and recommend process improvements and work with MR to develop standards, methods and improve process.
- Complete and distribute quarterly Rotational Contractor Reports.
- Report Monthly on KPI, performance pipeline and identify potential issues.
- Assist the Director Asset Management as required.
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned.
- Carry out all duties to maximize the positive implementation of the Strategic Plan
Contract and Procurement Administration
- Administer, coordinate, and support the tender process for Capital & Recurring Tenders and Pre-qualification Agreements.
- Maintain all Contract files for Capital & Recurring Tenders and PQ Agreements.
- Manage performance of periodic service and supply contracts and recurring work orders including but not limited to garbage, annual testing and certifications, cleaning, and monthly services.
- Computer up-date of contractors and consultants bidders list.
- Provide on call schedule quarterly and provide to all parties.
- Prepare advertising for Capital & Recurring tenders and PQ Agreements.
- Assemble tender packages (drawings, specs, envelopes etc. for contractors, includes electronic versions).
- Issue tender packages to Contractors, Property Mgrs., Consultants and collect document fees; prepare and record all tender opening information and act as Custodian for Bid and Performance Securities.
- Administer the Project Management System.
Specific Tasks Related to Contract and Procurement Administration
- Liaise with contractors and set-up site review meetings if necessary.
- Verify proper completion and financial portion of tenders.
- Schedule meetings and prepare documents and minutes of the Assets & Property Services Committee and Tender Evaluation Committee meetings.
- Issue contracts, purchase orders, letter of tender awards and regrets.
- Set-up Job Start meetings with successful Contractor, Manager responsible for Vacancy Coordination, Property Mgr., Consultant(s) and Construction Mgr.; attend/record minutes of meeting when requested.
- Ensure that appropriate payment certifications are on file and statutory declarations are attached when appropriate.
- Ensure that each project has an appropriate administration file including project charter and accountabilities.
- Prepare miscellaneous financial reports related to Contractor & Consultants payments status.
- Record invoices and prepare batches for financial verification including contract holdbacks.
- Assist in the coordination of Property Management and Capital Work related projects.
- Prepare and issue monthly Rotational Contractors’ list for various Service. Providers to LMCH Answering Service and Property Management staff
- Schedule and provide administrative support at Project Management
- Collect, record and monitor Contractors and Consultants WSIB. Certificates of Clearance and Liability Insurance to ensure continuance of operational functions.
- Proof read Board Reports, tender documents, technical report and other job related documents.
- As required retrieve drawings & project documents from Capital Work’s archives.
- Conduct various surveys, prepare spreadsheets for analysis, do research (books & Internet) on code & municipal requirements, product literature, company web sites, legislation; perform other assigned duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate.
- Two to three years’ experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, including but not limited to the Housing Services Act, Residential Tenancies Act and the City of London Housing Division Notices and local policies.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance programs.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi software.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building, and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to record meeting minutes and proofread to ensure accuracy.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle. Travel will be required within the City of London and/or County of Middlesex.
- Knowledge of construction/technical and legal terminology/methods; contract administration including policies, regulations and procedures related to the tender process considered an asset.
WE CARE PHILOSOPHY
The incumbent contributes and supports the overall culture and working environment of the agency by:
- Working knowledge of cultural, social and demographic patterns relating to vulnerable priority populations.
- Knowledge of and commitment to harm reduction and low barrier service.
- Committed to work in an interdisciplinary, diverse setting.
- Understanding of and sensitivity towards the belief systems of other groups, the complexity of those facing poverty and in need especially as they affect their mental health and behaviour.
- Commitment to non-violent crisis intervention, de-escalation, and supporting tenants.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Demonstrating knowledge and valuing of client’s life situation.
- Working with diverse communities with sensitivity, creativity, innovation, language and cultural understanding in a non-judgmental manner.
POLICE RECORDS CHECK and VULNERABLE POSITION SCREENING
This position requires the successful candidate submit a current Police Records check from their local police service. A current LMCH employee who is the successful candidate for this position must also provide this document unless it is already on file and not more than one year old.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Hourly rate range $25.05 to $28.47 with vacation and benefits in lieu. Normal working hours are 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday to Friday.
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and cover letter to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps.If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Here's your chance to bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute to providing better homes and better neighbourhoods. When submitting your cover letter and resume, be sure to tell us about your skills and qualifications that are a match to those specified in the job posting.
A cover letter and resume must be received by 4:30pm, October 21, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please advise if you require an accommodation during the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in London & Middlesex Community Housing!