POSTING NUMBER: 2021-86
UNION: BCNU or H.S.A
Nurse’s Bargaining Association
PROGRAM: Berman House and Tilikum House
SALARY RANGE: $43.09 – $52.82
HOURS OF PAY: 37.5 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday: 0730 hrs to 1530 hrs
START DATE: January 3, 2022
All candidates subject to a criminal records search.
Qualifications and job description attached.
** Days and hours of work may change.
Job Description – Nurse Manager, R.P.N/R.N
Licensed Residential Care Facilities
Classification Benchmark: Direct Patient Care Profile DC2
Grid Level: Level 4 (RN/RPN)
Collective Agreement: Nurses’ Bargaining Association (NBA)
Reports To: Operations Director
Functions & Responsibilities
The work schedule of the Nurse Manager shall be agreed upon in Schedule C of the Residential Services Agreement. Specific duties may include the following:
- In accordance with all legislations and requirements, ensures a standard of care.
- Participates in development and implements all operational policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of house accounts and petty cash.
- Develops staff rosters.
- Develops in-service educational program commensurate with the needs of the facility.
- Establishes and maintains professional contacts with community and government agencies and health organizations.
- Observes building renovations and maintenance to ensure the needs of the persons-in-care and government regulations are met and to maintain environmental safety.
- Ensures that medical and psychiatric care services are provided for the persons-in-care.
- Serves as a member of the Medication Safety Committee.
- Ensures compliance with nutritional standards.
- With the Operations Director, participates in hiring/orientation of staff.
- Initiates the process for progressive disciplining of staff if needed.
- Responsible for quality assurance and risk management programs.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of individual plans for the person-in-care in conjunction with the care staff, Mental Health Team and the person-in-care.
- Consults, as required, with the team case Managers, the person-in-care’s psychiatrist, physician and other professionals involved with the person-in-care.
- Reviews all referrals and arranges for all interviews and admissions.
- Defines duties, organizes workload of all professional and care staff and arranges schedules to ensure adequate staffing coverage is maintained.
- Responsible for providing input into the evaluation of the work of care staff.
- As part of the management team, participates in formalizing and reviewing personnel policies and procedures.
- Assumes on-call duties for all licensed care facilities with the MPA Society as scheduled.
- Identifies and recommends training/skill enhancement for care staff.
- Responsible for the active and ongoing monitoring and follow up of the work of others and accountable for the outcomes of the care given by care staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the complete operation of the community care facility in a manner consistent with the Licensing Act and the policies of the Vancouver Motivation, Power & Achievement Society.
Education, Training & Experience
- RPN/RN with BHSc (PN)/BSN preferred or equivalent consideration of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in supervisory and management positions with experience in the operation of a psychiatric residential community care facility.
- Demonstrated management skills in a unionized environment.
- Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- TB clearance and medical certification.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.