Broadway Youth Resource Centre - Vancouver
Temporary Full-Time (1 year term) (35 hours/week may include evenings and weekends)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS requires a full-time experienced youth worker who will primarily work evening and weekend hours to support staff, partners, and participants at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre. Staff require a working knowledge of addictions and mental health, including harm reduction. Knowledge of local resources is required. Located in Vancouver, this site is a multi-service; multi-agency program serving youth ages 12-24 from across the Lower Mainland.
• Develop and facilitate youth programming within the hub
• Support youth, partners and visitors to connect with the right program
• Outreach with youth to attend appointments and make community connections
• Work regularly scheduled shifts on the Resource Room floor providing youth with basic needs and relational case management
• Develop partnerships with relevant agencies and programs to support access for youth
• Provide case management support with youth
• Connect with social workers, youth outreach and other supports for youth
• Support resource room culture and maintain safer spaces for youth
• Maintain health and safety of resource room space
• Provide harm reduction education and supplies and provide appropriate referrals
• Be able to assess mental health risk for individuals and provide appropriate interventions and or referral
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• B.A. in Social Work, Education, Social Justice, Community Development or related discipline
or a combination of education, life experience and related work experience with at-risk youth under the age of 24, including case management and program development/facilitation.
• Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
• Strong understanding of anti-oppression, trauma-informed, and decolonizing practices
• Facilitation and program development training
• Crisis Intervention and/or De-escalation training
• Training to address Depression/Suicide/Mental Health Assessment
• Additional training in substance use treatment/support recovery
• Second language in Cantonese/Mandarin, Farsi, Spanish or another language relevant to East Vancouver/Midtown community an asset
• Individuals who are Indigenous or LGBTQ2S are encouraged to apply
• Associate Manager, Broadway Youth Resource Centre
Salary Range: $25.71/hour – $28.43/hour, Plus term benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS224
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!