Do you love helping others? Are you looking for a career with purpose?
With a career at Sensity, you will exercise creativity and experience personal growth and fulfillment through meaningful human connections.
Sensity has an exciting opportunity for an Intervenor Services Coordinator (ISC) to join our team of front line supervisors in Paris, ON for an 16 month contract (ending January 2023). Reporting to the Manager of Intervenor Services, this position mentors, coaches and supervises a team of 10-20 Intervenors in a Supported Independent Living Program. The ISC ensures a strong team and a positive work environment, coordinating and overseeing the delivery of programs for consumers in accordance with their person centered plans.
Sensity is a registered charity providing services and programs to members of the deafblind community. We are recognized in Canada and around the world as a leader in the provision of Intervenor Services.
- Paid sick days
- On-call incentive program
- Flexible schedule
- Overseeing day-to-day operations for the assigned consumers
- Mentor, coach and supervise the team of Intervenors working with the consumers; commending excellent performance and addressing performance concerns
- Working alongside the Intervenors to ensure program quality standards of care/consumer satisfaction are met
- Provides on-call support anywhere from once biweekly to once monthly
- Handling inquiries and addressing concerns; advocating for the needs of the consumer and their family
- Providing guidance and support to the Intervenors, including assisting with ad hoc problem solving;
- Recruiting and hiring new Intervenors and ensuring appropriate orientation and training of new Intervenors
- Scheduling and conducting team meetings
- Conducting progress reports and performance appraisals
- Handling biweekly payroll approval for your team of Intervenors
- Handling budget management and processing financial documents for your programs
- Ensures appropriate protocols are in place to address medical, behavioural and health and safety issues
Education and Experience Required
- Community college diploma (or equivalent) in Intervenor for Deafblind Persons, Developmental Services Worker (DSW), Social Services Worker (SSW) or equivalent experience and training
- First Aid / CPR certification
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of a successful Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance Valid driver's license Class G, access to a reliable vehicle and ability to obtain automobile insurance with a minimum liability of two million dollars is required, along with a clean current driver's abstract is required
- Three (3) years of experience within Intervenor Services and Developmental Services
- Formal supervisory / leadership training is required.
- Working knowledge of medication administration protocols
- Working knowledge of American Sign Language (ASL) or Signed Exact English (SEE) / various communication methods are definite assets
- Understanding of the Employment Standards and Occupational Health and Safety Acts.
- Computer proficiency, with knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software.
- Knowledge of assistive devices, i.e. walkers, lifts / transfers, Zoom Tech, canes, hearing aids is an asset
Working Environment and Physical Demands
- The position is primarily performed in a changing work environment, which includes residential and public / community settings.
- Salaried position based on 40 hours / week, with flexibility to work evenings & weekends. This position is required to be on-call anywhere from once bi-weekly to once monthly.
- Regular travel is required within Ontario
If you are interested in the Intervenor Services Coordinator position in Paris,ON please apply by Sunday October 24, 2021 by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Please quote ISCP102421 in your cover letter when applying. All applications will be held in confidence.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.