Location/Lieu: Niagara Region - Wellness Supportive Living Program-St Catharines locations
Position/Poste: 3-4 Part Time - Health Care Worker - (PSW certificate not required - paid internal training provided) *Vehicle required
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
March of Dimes Canada provides 24 hour attendant care to its consumers. The Support Services Attendants will be
required to work multiple shifts (i.e. work days, evenings, nights, weekends) that vary between locations.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- Experience working with seniors
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
Salary Range/Échelle des salaires: $18.58 – 21.01 wage grid plus paid travel, mileage reimbursement, PENSION PLAN & PART TIME BENEFITS OFFERED. This position is eligible for the $3.00 per hour temporary wage enhancement from the Ontario government for hours spent directly supporting clients.
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy) 10/22/2021
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Terri-Lynn Leclerc
Position: Service Delivery Worker
Address: 3340 Schmon Parkway, Thorold ON, L2V 4Y6
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.