Schedule: 37.5 hrs/wk; Typically, M-F 8:30-4:30 however flexibility required for some evenings and weekends
WJS Canada has 30+ years of success stories working individually with adults and children exhibiting concerning behaviours (addictions, aggression, self-harm, mental-health, etc.) to reduce challenging behaviors and achieve goals.
Individuals with disabilities and/or mental health issues (and those who support them) commonly face obstacles that can be minimized/eliminated through specialized consultation and training.
Must be willing to set-up a home office at their residence in the Edmonton area and travel within the consultation area (reimbursed by employer).
Through short-term person-centered behavior consultations, training and counseling; Behavioural Consultants empower individuals to develop socially acceptable behaviours, improve life at home/school, build strong community connections and coach family members/supporters as positive role models.
In this consultative role, you must be able to collaborate as a team to the benefit of the client(s)and work self-directed (without supervision) employing strong organizational and time management skills.
In Your Role You Will
Primary role as Behaviour Support Services Trainer:
• Facilitate behavioural and program development training workshops (Ex. Proactive Behavior Strategies, De-escalating hostility and Resistance, Abuse Prevention, Restrictive Procedures, Behaviour Support Plan Development, etc.) for staff, family members, educators, daycares and others dealing with behavioural issues
• Research, update revisions and educate on best practice models in Behaviour Intervention.
Secondary roles and competencies:
• Write Functional Behavioural Assessments and develop/implement Behavior Support Plans (in consultation with clients, families and support agencies, etc.) for behaviours of concern; monitoring and revising as needed to ensure progress towards goals.
• Liaise with professionals and program environments relevant to service delivery.
• Participate in Behaviour Review Committees and other committees/meetings as required.
• Attend regularly scheduled team meetings.
• Report to the Program Director; Registered Psychologists provide clinical supervision and review all interventions and training.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Extensive experience as a Group Facilitator or Trainer
• University Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Disability Studies, Behavioural Science, Special Needs, Adult Education, Teaching or related field.
• Experience completing Comprehensive Functional Assessments, creating, writing and implementing Positive Behavioural Support Plans
• 3+ years specialized behavioural intervention experience with children/adults with complex/trauma-based behavioural, social and emotional disorders (PDD - Persons with developmental disabilities, ABI - acquired brain injury, ODD - Oppositional Defiance Disorder, FASD, ASD - Autism, Psychosis, Schizophrenia, dual diagnosis, etc.).
• Valid certificate in Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA).
• Valid class 5 driver license with a clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle.
• Triple P certification would be an asset.
• Current First Aid/CPR Certification.
• Flexibility required for some evenings and weekends as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Calm, confident, patient
• Self motivates and motivates others and is a positive role model.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada provides social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties through a personalized, trauma-informed approach to care in an environment of cultural respect and support.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages including: Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, Employer-paid AD&D and $5,000 Dependent Life and more!
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!