304-34 Vegreville FourPlex - this program supports 4 male clients with complex needs living separate suites within the home. You will be required to work with all the clients at different times as per program needs.
*** This is a TEMPORARY Full time position for 6 to 12 months***
Shift rotation: 12 hr shifts (8pm - 8am AWAKE)
Rotating 2-week schedule:
Week #1: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun
Week#2: Wed, Thurs
As a Complex Behaviours Disability Support Worker, you will use your extensive knowledge and experience with disabilities and complex behaviors, to identify issues, set goals and celebrate success. Each day you will coach individuals with behavior, emotional or physical challenges, teach daily living and good citizenship skills, encourage independence, reinforce strengths that are already in place and offer support within community-based homes and around the community.
*The $20.09 - $23.09/hr complex need rate is paid when directly working with complex needs clients. The regular rate of $17.09-$20.09 is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work.*
In Your Role You Will
• During overnight hours staff ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment for the persons in care and are available to provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• Ensure individuals basic needs are met, i.e., hygiene, personal care, life skills, etc.
• Assist the person in service with evening/morning tasks at the residence/program facility
• Deal with challenging behaviours that can occur on a daily basis.
• Assist and support individuals with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Administer medication, first aid, or notify emergency medical personnel if/when necessary.
• If necessary, drive individuals (in your own vehicle) to appointments, day programs, etc.
• Assist in the design, implementation & evaluation of ISPs, program specific policies & procedures.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities & complex needs.
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada offers customized social services supports and programs to individuals with the following disabilities:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Syndrome
Our goals are to help individuals become independent, improve their lives and develop life skills. We meet these goals by focusing on each individual's strengths. Our programs include:
- Self-help skills training
- Community Living
- Home Living Options
- Behavioural consultation
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages (for full time employees)
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!