The overnight staff works professionally as a member of a team showing respect, support and consideration, while acting as an appropriate role model for youth in care and their families. The overnight staff assists in the surveillance and upkeep of the residences and oversees the youth in care throughout the night.
The candidate must be able to fulfil the following list of duties and responsibilities:
• To ensure the safety and security of all youths in the care of the unit throughout the night.
• To ensure that the basic needs of the youths are met.
• To understand and apply the emergency plan and communicate with the On-Call supervisor in the case of an emergency situation.
• To write in the youth’s individual daily charts and logs (when applicable).
• To follow through with program strategies as related to clients plans.
• To distribute medication to the clients according to the proper procedure and to ensure that medical supplies are in proper order according to the agency health care manual.
• To contribute to the general functioning and participate in the regular upkeep of the unit.
The potential candidate should possess the following qualities:
• To be able to maintain order and discipline during morning routine.
• Be a self-motivated, work independently with little supervision.
Requirements and Salary:
• Minimally, a high school diploma.
• Must pass a police background check.
• Part-time position - Shifts are from 11:30 pm – 7:15 am, availability required for both weekdays and weekends
• Must be Female
• Able to effectively communicate in English
• Starting wage $16.00/hr., (included on each pay is; 5.7% statutory holiday and 2.43% sick days. Vacation pay is 4% and is cumulative).
The overnight staff is supervised by and reports to the Program Director.
Interested applicants may request a full job description. Please submit C.V. to Attn. Daniel
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!