For almost 20 years, the Louis Brier Jewish Aged Foundation has been a key player in Senior Care in the province of British Columbia, and in enhancing the quality of life in our local senior population. We fund and support important programs and services provided by the Louis Brier Home & Hospital, and the Weinberg Residence (the Snider Campus). The Louis Brier Home and Hospital has been accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, and was granted the Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice in 2020. The Snider Campus supports Assisted Living and Multi-Level Care units. Vancouver Coastal Health provides basic funding for many services required in a seniors’ facility and hospitals. We, at the Louis Brier Foundation, are fortunate to have a community of donors who recognize that life is not solely about a bed, food and medicine, and are incredibly proud that our residents’ lives are enriched day by day by a variety of programs and services funded through our Foundation.
With the support of our valued donors, the Louis Brier Foundation is able to fund many programs and services that enhance quality of life for our residents, such as but not limited to:
- Medical Equipment
- Infection Control
- Quality and Risk
- Special Companion Program
- Music Therapy
- Music and Entertainment Fund
- Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Occupational Therapy
- Chaplaincy, Tradition and Culture
- Resident Care
- Staff Education
HERE’S WHY IT’S SO GREAT TO WORK WITH US. Aside from being surrounded by a friendly, inclusive, dedicated team, you will have direct exposure to best and cutting edge fundraising practices within Healthcare at the best rated care facility in BC. Additionally, the Louis Brier Foundation provides competitive salaries and benefit packages. If you are passionate about Senior’s Rights, are highly motivated, energetic, positive, resourceful team player, it will be a match made in heaven!
Please click here to see for yourself!
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Development Coordinator provides support to the ED and is responsible for donor recognition programs, donor cultivation and stewardship, grant writing, donation processing, tax receipting and invoicing, donor acknowledgement and recognition, donor inquiries, database management, board meeting and minute coordination, and overall operations. This role will liaise with, and have exposure to the Executive Director, Foundation Board, Foundation Accountant in addition to key stakeholders including residents, families, staff, volunteers, external suppliers, community partners and donors.
1. Fundraising and Stewardship
- Administer donor stewardship and recognition programs – including Memorial Plaques, Tree of Life Plaques, Benches and Gallery of Donor Plaques. This includes coordinating with donors, suppliers and installers to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Represents the Louis Brier Foundation, as appropriate, in developing relationships with donors and partners, identifies new potential prospects, acknowledging contributions and following-up on any inquiries related to gift information and payment processing, to ensure proper donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Administer Tribute Card program - answer donor calls/requests, process cards, enter transactions into the database, and archive records.
- Coordinate Holiday Card program – work with previous donors, confirm lists and greetings and process cards.
- Coordination of all stewardship letters, including acknowledgment and thank you letters for donors.
- Donation Processing - administers the entry, review and processing of all gifts, pledges and pledge payments.
- Assist in all aspects of Campaign from strategy, Case for Support creation, communications and development of materials, canvasser recruitment, training, and coordination, to creative, prospecting, including pledge entry, gift processing, acknowledgments, and receipting, as well as producing ongoing campaign progress and final reports.
- Responsible for grant proposals and applications to foundations and corporations.
- Facilitating Foundation’s event planning and coordination activities.
- Reviews batches and coding prior to committing gifts into donor database. Ensures donations are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains a comprehensive filing system of gift records and supporting information for historical documentation and audit purposes.
- Leads the production of all donation acknowledgements, donor tributes, invoices and tax receipts.
- Provide backup support on database operations and data security, including entering all data related to the above managed programs and assisting with ongoing data integrity and cleanliness.
- Administer input of all new donations and batching for credit card, cash, cheque, online, stocks, or bonds.
- Administers data entry of new and existing constituents.
- Administers tax receipting, invoicing and mailing.
- Serves as a liaison to Finance team, assisting with month-end and year-end bank reconciliation between donor database and accounting software.
- Subscribe to and scan community resources to enter appropriate life cycle events in Raiser’s Edge.
- Coordinate with Executive Director to implement the ongoing communications plan, including print, email, social media, promotions and advertising, and website updates.
- Coordinate operative aspects of the Foundation, including reception, correspondence, office inventory, office manuals, and both digital and paper filing system.
- Administers small capital issues in the office, including office equipment purchase and maintenance, maintenance of artwork inventory, and other projects that may arise from time to time.
- Coordinates operative aspects of events including attendance lists, sales and logistics.
- Planning and execution of AGM.
- Support the Executive Director with all aspects of board meetings including preparing agendas and minutes, as well as attending all board and other meetings as required.
- Manage community notices for forwarding, electronic filing, and database integrity.
- Coordination of Gift-in-Kind equipment program with LBHH and tax receipting.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum 2-4 years previous experience in fundraising
- Working knowledge of CRM database systems, with enhanced command of Raisers Edge database and Crystal Reports
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Outstanding costumer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience in grant writing and development of grant proposals
- Computer and data management experience, with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure and remain focused within an evolving work environment
- Knowledge of Social Media, QuickBooks, local community are all assets