Position: Office Assistant
Purpose: Working with the Office and Finance Coordinator, the Office Assistant will provide administrative support to AMSSA’s operations and programming teams. The Office Assistant will provide support for AMSSA events, and will assist in data entry, registration for AMSSA e-learning modules, processing of expense claims and provide support in AMSSA membership and program correspondence.
Reports to: Office and Finance Coordinator
Hours & location: 21 hours per week – work from AMSSA’s office located at 4445 Norfolk Street, Burnaby BC.
Salary: $25.00/hour - Eligible for benefits after three months.
Classification: Part-Time Contract; November 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022
How to apply: Please send cover letter and resume/CV together in one document outlining relevant experience and qualifications to Saeedeh Foghani, Office and Finance Coordinator at .
Applications will be reviewed on ongoing basis until Monday, October 25, 2021 at 4:00 PM. Only shortlisted applications will be contacted.
AMSSA OVERVIEW AND VALUES
AMSSA is a unique province-wide association that strengthens over 80 member agencies as well as hundreds of community stakeholder agencies who serve immigrants and newcomers, and build culturally inclusive communities, with the knowledge, resources and support they need to fulfill their mandates.
• We value EQUITY and strive to be the catalyst for change which disrupts systems promoting racial and social injustice.
• We value INCLUSIVENESS and work with our members and stakeholders to place voices that have been marginalized in positions of influence, creating space for all perspectives.
• We value INTEGRITY, striving to always work to the highest standards, encouraging innovation, risk taking and leadership; we are always open to new thoughts and maintain accountability in our work.
• We value DIVERSITY, recognizing our own individual biases and engaging members and stakeholders in meaningful ways that promotes inclusion of all voices and perspectives.
• We value MUTUAL RESPECT by respecting what everyone has to offer within their own context of life experiences, opening our hearts and minds to always listening and learning.
• We value COLLABORATION, engaging in equitable partnerships, mindfully exploring old and new ideas to advance the work of AMSSA and our members.
• We value SUSTAINABLE TRANSFORMATION, engaging in continuous individual and organizational reflection and collaboration to build capacity and integrate what we learn into our culture and infrastructure.
• Administrative support to AMSSA operations and programs.
• Provide AMSSA membership correspondence including information about AMSSA membership.
• Coordinate, process, and record yearly AMSSA membership renewals.
• Processes AMSSA program expense claims for in-person events.
• Update the AMSSA website weekly with job and event postings.
• Update the AMSSA membership list on the AMSSA website as required.
• Supports the program staff with event logistics and technical support.
• Open and process AMSSA mail.
• Support AMSSA’s financial administration through processing invoices.
• Sign-up registrants to AMSSA’s e-learning courses.
• Provides support in mailouts and scheduling courier services when required.
• Provides support to AMSSA’s fundraising and fee for service activities such as the multifaith calendars, prep kits and Diversity and Inclusion workshops.
• Data entry and database management including maintaining the AMSSA membership contact lists.
• Support the Office and Finance Coordinator in keeping inventory of AMSSA office supplies and ordering AMSSA office supplies.
• Filing and organizing, photocopying, scanning, and printing.
• Write meeting minutes as required.
• Provide public information as requested.
• Work with the AMSSA team on additional and emerging projects as required.
• 1 – 2 years’ minimum experience in office administration in the not-for-profit, human services, academic or public sector.
• Well-developed organization and administrative skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Adaptive and responsive in a dynamic work environment and with shifting priorities.
• Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative and communicative team member.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent active listening, team-building and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving techniques.
• Demonstrate good service, stakeholder relations and customer service skills.
• Excellent time and resource management techniques.
• Experience filing, retrieving and maintaining hard copy and electronic files.
• Demonstrate basic numeracy and accounting skills.
• Proficient with a variety of software and applications: Office 365 including: Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint; Constant Contact and database management tools; Google Documents and Spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of cloud-based electronic filing through Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive.
• Knowledge of current technological online meeting platforms: Zoom, GoToMeeting, MS Teams.
• Experience maintaining websites through WordPress and using online learning platforms such as Moodle and Thinkific an asset.
• Experience coordinating and planning in-person and/or online events is an asset.
• Post-secondary undergraduate degree or diploma in a relevant discipline is an asset.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!