John Howard Society (JHS) Pacific is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides innovative programming in the social services sector. We strive to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all.
This position will provide outreach support to client(s) referred to JHS Pacific by Community Living British Columbia. You will work to enable clients’ adjustment to and success with life in the community.
40 hours per week:
Monday to Friday, 0900 – 1700.
Flexible hours based on client needs, including some evenings and weekends.
• Works with the client, researches background material, and seeks the input of other professionals and family members, to assess needs and intervention possibilities
• Works with the client to consider issues and agree on an intervention and support plan with measurable short and long-term goals
• Ensures the client’s intervention and support plan addresses issues of daily living, including but not limited to housing, nutrition, clothing, hygiene, leisure, lifestyle, access, employment, and education
• Interacts with other professionals, family members, and organizations to ensure services, admissions, and treatments are in the client’s interest and supportive of the long-term goals
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A Diploma in Social Services and one-year relevant experience is preferred; inhouse training can be provided for the right candidate
• Professional or lived experience working with vulnerable populations experiencing multiple barriers
• A demonstrated and clear ability to respond well in crisis situations
• Ability to successfully complete a Vulnerable Persons Criminal Records Check
• Ability to successfully pass a reference check
• Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
• Valid driver’s license
• Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients
As JHS Pacific is a unionized environment, the starting wage is $23.10 per hour. The wage will increase with every 2,000 hours worked up to a maximum of $26.91 per hour.
WHAT WE OFFER?
• Committed Living Wage Employer
• Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
• Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs
• Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an inhouse counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At JHS Pacific, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including but not limited to members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities, and people with disabilities.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!