As a youth engagement specialist , you will take on a central role that supports Frontlines’ goal in supporting youth 18-29 in a new and innovative program called FEET- Future Employment or Entrepreneurship Track while supporting businesses in their business hiring needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducts outreach to recruit participants for the program including updating flyers, social media, face to face outreach such as attending community events, coordinating mail outs etc
- Conducts case-management including needs and risk assessment, acceptance in program, follow-up as it pertains to employment/vocational goals and other member needs.
- Identification and assessment of participant’s need for job coaching. Assist members in the development of appropriate work habits, behaviours and attitudes for the workplace.
- Provide referrals to young people
- Adhering to sound documentation practices
- Supports job developer in meeting the needs of the employers while supporting the needs of the young person
- Responsible for communicating members’ level of risk to staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Vaccine policy at Frontlines- please inquiry or identify in cover letter/resume
- At least three years experience in working with youth, particularly at risk youth
- Able to provide excellent service delivery
- Must be results-oriented, able to motivate and inspire self and others
- Well developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours and location
- Lived experience to the young people that we serve
- Access to a motor vehicle is required for this position, as extensive travel within the Region is required
- University Degree preferred or Community College Diploma in Social Services, and/or related fields
Conditions of Employment:
The successful candidate must provide a police reference check clearance (vulnerable sector)