Reporting to the Executive Director, The Program Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a team of staff delivering various agency programs and services to the community. The incumbent is also responsible for development and implementation of responsive services that are in keeping with SOS’s values, philosophy, and strategic directions, which adhere to standards of excellence. The incumbent will also ensure that program milestones/goals are met, and budgets are adhered to. The incumbent will oversee training, volunteer recruitment and assessment, program technology, and reporting to funders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in managing the existing programs delivered by SOS and developing and implementing new programs and services, including the redesign of existing services, consistent with community needs and funder requirements.
- Manage and deliver programs and services, including the day-to-day operation and administration the Society of Sharing’s programs of service.
- Monitor programs and services to ensure consistency with program plans and criteria established by funding sources and the mission and goals of the organization.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and termination of all program staff, including supervision, hiring, training employees, performance management, discipline and termination
- Ensure best practices are implemented in the screening, referral, and training process of staff and volunteers, and update these as needed
- Work closely with the Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator in the development and administration of the volunteer pool including recruitment, screening, selection, training, placement and release of volunteers.
- Ensure development and implementation of high-quality training program for all volunteers
- Positively and professionally represent the agency in the community by participating and collaborating with community partners on various projects and initiatives as requested or required.
- Compile , maintain, and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics including collection of tracking data, statistical analysis of data and client satisfaction surveys;
- Ensure strong program evaluations are undertaken and necessary program adjustments are made;
- Identify and solve problems that impact the management, direction and outcomes of the program
- Network with partners and other community based partners and act as a liaison with internal and external parties as required
- Work closely with ED in preparing funding proposals.
Job Qualifications, Education & Experience
- University degree in Social Work/Psychology/ other Health-related field
- 5 + years of Progressive management experience in a social service setting is a requirement
- Demonstrated management and staff development with emphasis on coaching, mentoring and leadership
- Strong knowledge of local community and community based non-profit organizations
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Leadership experience including leading presentations, communication across a matrix organization or program
- Exceptional leadership, relationship management, facilitation, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Solutions oriented with a customer service background and the ability to proactively identify and manage challenges.
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter, able to achieve results with little supervision and work independently
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and relevant insurance
- Candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated.