JOB POSTING 2021-125-12
Wage: $34 per hour
Part-Time: 7.5 hrs/wk.
Temporary (ending June 2022)
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969. We provide more than 85 programs and services to clients at every stage of life. Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all. We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership. Come help us help people.
Provides counselling and therapeutic interventions one-on-one or in groups to students in alternate classrooms at local high schools. Will work together with school staff.
- Facilitate short-term counselling for youth using a Brief Solution Focused Therapy model and a trauma informed lens. This includes working with youth in crisis.
- Establish supportive and trusting relationships that reduce risk and promote positive choices.
- Coordinates with other community services including specialized services as necessary.
- Facilitate groups for youth on a variety of mental health related topics as needed.
- Use a variety of counselling modalities to meet client’s needs including but not limited to CBT, DBT, MI, SFBT, EFFT and trauma informed approaches.
- Maintains accurate reports and records and provides required reports to Supervisor. Ensures that all required documentation is complete. Ensures client files are current and contain the necessary information. Reports and discusses case planning and concerns with supervisor and relevant professionals consistent with confidentiality policies.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of community resources within and outside of Foundry Abbotsford. Provides liaison, education and advocacy to other professionals, other agencies and the community as required.
- Ensures client confidentiality, rights and dignity are maintained.
- Flexible work hours
- Performs other related duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Masters level degree in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology or in a related field and counselling experience.
- Proof of double Covid-19 vaccination required.
- Experience working with youth.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Proven knowledge of variety of counselling techniques and experience in trauma work, SFBT, DBT, CBT etc.
- Proven ability to work effectively during crisis.
- Excellent organization, time and general management skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Well developed interpersonal helping skills; oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in delivering counselling services to youth and in risk assessments
- Knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques
- Ability to work effectively independently and with other program staff, relevant service providers and community members; awareness of community resources and referral sources
- Relevant computer skills
- Knowledge of counselling and support strategies; sound integrated case management skills
- Use of personal vehicle, insured according to ACS policy.
- Emergency First Aid & CPR (Child & Adult)
- Non-violent crisis intervention (CPI) training