Provincial Office, Abbotsford
Working at Bethesda has helped me grow in faith, given me so many wonderful new relationships and really empowers and inspires me to do my very best. —Bethesda staff comment
In your human resources experience, you see the importance of leading and supporting employees to be the best they can be in their service to people with diverse abilities. That closeness and sharing develops with a loving heart, where it is not always obvious who is helping whom anymore. You are yearning for a new role where your organizational and leadership abilities can shine. And where you can shape a workplace that overflows with grace and respect.
At Bethesda, we are about creating community among the people we support, our staff and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? The human resources manager position may be the next step in your journey.
As the human resources manager, you will join a team where the staff are dedicated to providing excellent service to the agency’s human resources. You will create a workplace that supports and empowers the human resources staff team to maintain administration systems that ensure effective and accountable operations.
This is a full-time position available November 2021. It is ideal for experienced leaders who have education in human resources, CHRP designation and/or significant experience in human resources with a willingness to obtain additional education to qualify for the CHRP designation.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Competitive salary: $60,900-$67,225.
• Excellent extended benefits package.
• 3 weeks vacation to start.
• Ongoing training and leadership professional development opportunities.
• Hybrid work arrangements may be considered.
• Assist the chief human resources officer in leading the human resources staff team.
• Oversight of recruitment, onboarding, and retention of employees.
• Oversight of employee job requirements and personnel files.
• Coordination and administration of employee training.
• Involvement with directing employee performance, discipline and handling of labour issues.
• On-going development of human resources procedures.
• Involvement with employee disability management and occupational health and safety.
• Involvement with administration of compensation and benefits.
• A heart to support the mission of Bethesda to people with diverse abilities.
• Knowledge of labour law, human rights, disability management, OHS, general HR processes.
• Education in HR, CHRP designation and/or significant experience in HR with willingness to obtain additional education to qualify for CHRP designation.
• Proven leadership experience and strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and writing skills, and ability to teach or train staff.
• Ability to work with finances/numbers.
• Cultural and diversity awareness, and ability to support conflict resolution.
• Standard requirements (criminal record check, medical clearance, ICBC driving record).
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with diverse abilities.
We are welcoming of applicants who desire to lead a team that values communication, trust, and healthy working relationships. This position is ideal for a well-organized, mature professional who has a heart for serving.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: October 30, 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!