Status: Permanent Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Location: Head Office, Langley BC
Start Date: October - November 2021
Who we are:
Since 1983, Focus on the Family Canada has offered help and encouragement to millions of families as they build their lives on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Consistently named one of the Best Christian Workplaces in Canada, we work hard to respond to the many real issues families face today by providing sound and practical guidance based on Christian principles. Our vision is to see every family transformed by love, vibrant in faith and enduring in hope. Learn more at www.focusonthefamily.ca
About the Position:
Would you love to use your gifting to help Canadian families in need? Do you enjoy coding elegant websites and system integrations? Then you may just be the person we're looking for to work on our talented digital media team that values innovation, excellence and teamwork.
As the Web Developer, you'll work alongside developers, marketing specialists, designers and writers to create and improve websites that provide real value to Canadian families. As one of the in-house technical web experts, you will create and maintain online assets and find effective solutions to integrate various systems through APIs. You will also liaise with external partners and speak into strategic technology decisions.
· Monitor websites and other online assets to detect and troubleshoot functional defects
· Maintain and update online infrastructure (e.g., web servers, databases, CMS etc.)
· Maintain existing websites built with PHP/Laravel, WordPress or Ruby on Rails
· Develop system/platform integrations using various APIs (SOAP and REST)
· Liaise with third-party vendors to manage development projects
· Research mobile and online trends and best practices; make recommendations based on findings
· Work with the digital media team to determine the strategy, structure and functional scope of new web properties to ensure maximum impact and engagement
Skills That You Bring:
Experience with Ruby on Rails, Rancher, Docker, Netsuite CRM, Suitecommerce, or Hubspot are considered a definite asset.
You thrive in a work environment that can be fast-paced with multiple, and often conflicting, deadlines. Above all, this important role requires an individual who maintains a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and a courteous, Christlike attitude by adhering to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!