Reporting to the Director, Member Services, the Executive Assistant – Member Services works as part of
a four-person Member Services team. This integral team member is responsible for a variety of
Duties and Responsibilities:
Executive Support (60%)
• Recruit and maintain relationships with BCACC Volunteers
• Assist BCACC members with ongoing questions
• Assist with development and implementation of a robust member benefit program (including
• Respond to members’ and general public’s questions and concerns in an effective and timely
• Assist the Director, Member Services with administrative duties as required
• Writing, research, and preparation of program materials
• Develop and create BCACC membership surveys (as required)
• Support development and implement annual conferences
• Prepare and manage contracts to support professional development opportunities for members
• Create and maintain venue options
• Assist with event budget preparation
• Set up and maintain registration of BCACC events
• Respond to attendee questions and emails
Program Assistance (10%)
• Collate and prepare member program applications for volunteer committee decisions
• Assist with and respond to member questions about program applications
• Communicate decisions on program applications to applicants
JOB TITLE Executive Assistant – Member Services
REPORTS TO Director, Member Services
DAYS AND HOURS OF WORK Monday – Friday, 9 am – 4:30 pm (35 hrs per week)
Occasional evening and weekend work. Ability to travel
Qualifications and Assets:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2 – 5 years’ experience working in a professional environment
• Critical thinking skills and the desire to develop and grow their position within the organization
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Experience assisting with program coordination
• Familiarity with contract development an asset
• Event budgeting experience
• Recruitment, training, and working with volunteers
• Strong communication and excellent writing and speaking skills
• Experienced-level use of Microsoft teams, MS Office, CRM database software (testing may be
• Desktop publishing or knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop an asset
• Ability to travel within the province and work the occasional weekend/evening for special events
• The position is full time or 35 hours/week.
• The position demands the ability to manage time effectively.
• The position will be housed in the head office of the BCACC in Victoria
• Policies, compensation, and benefits will be as per the human resource standards set
by the Association.
• There are no extraordinary physical requirements for this position.
This position has no direct reports
Salary and Benefits: $52k – 58k annually depending on experience. Excellent benefits plan, RRSP
matching, a wellness fund, and professional development fund. Vacation will start at 3 weeks.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!