Lead Salesforce Administrator & Business Analyst – Full Time, Permanent
Located in Canada (flexible)
Grow your Salesforce expertise while helping nature and communities thrive together.
Are you looking to build your Salesforce experience and business analyst skills with supportive colleagues and a flexible work culture? MakeWay is looking for a Lead Salesforce Administrator & Business Analyst who is detail oriented, collaborative, solutions-focused, and an excellent communicator. This is a great opportunity to develop the platform roadmap, manage interesting projects, and build management experience in a high-energy and interactive environment.
The Lead Salesforce Administrator & Business Analyst, reporting to the Senior Manager, Information Systems, provides oversight and direction for MakeWay’s Salesforce system as well as solutions to support MakeWay’s data management and reporting needs. The Lead Salesforce Administrator & Business Analyst is responsible for the management and training of the Information Systems Analyst.
MakeWay builds partnerships and solutions to help nature and communities thrive together. We are made up of two legal charitable entities: MakeWay Charitable Society, a shared platform home to over 65 innovative community-led projects staffed by 150 change makers; and MakeWay Foundation where about 70 people are advancing place-based programs that support Indigenous-led solutions and conservation in the North, Pacific, Manitoba, and beyond via grant-making, funder collaboratives and other tools. Our people, projects, and partners are based across the country.
What You’ll Do:
As the Lead Salesforce Administrator & Business Analyst at MakeWay you will be responsible for systems that are critical to the performance of the organization, such as the Salesforce CRM and all integrations in both, the live (production) and sandbox environment, ensuring data quality, performance, and accuracy are up to the highest standards.
- Oversee all Salesforce administrative duties and processes that directly affect the database including monitoring error notifications and security settings.
- Provide oversight and direction to the organization regarding Salesforce and data management.
- Maintain data accuracy, completeness, and process workflows that are critical to our success within MakeWay’s CRM.
- Ensure availability of all systems except during scheduled outages and ensure scheduled outages don’t affect key organizational processes such as revenue and grant processing.
- Configure third party integrations with Salesforce.
- Manage CRM tickets ensuring prompt resolution in all tickets.
- Manage release updates, partner portals, and third-party applications.
- Develop and maintain tools that monitor data hygiene and integrity of data and system processes across the organization.
- Occasional on call availability required for major projects or emergencies.
- Translate MakeWay’s business needs into CRM solutions.
- Partner with teams to provide expert advice regarding solutions to improve processes and workflows, deliver data insights, and answer business questions.
- Manage the implementation of appropriate CRM solutions.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute relevant technical CRM training documentation.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Information Systems Analyst including work prioritization and training.
- Support with management of information systems vendor management.
Who You Are:
- Tech savvy: You scan the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit the organization.
- Collaborative: You build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively: You naturally orient towards customer service and can translate complex information into clear and simple language.
- Analytical: You synthesize information from a variety of sources to find solutions.
- Optimizes work processes: You seek the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Plans and prioritizes: You plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals and can juggle conflicting priorities and deliver multiple assignments.
- Action-oriented: You can readily act on challenges without unnecessary delay or planning.
- Detail-oriented: You have a proven ability to manage a significant volume of documents and requests.
Experience You Bring:
- 1-3 years’ of Salesforce administration experience.
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic.
- Experience with Salesforce Development, and hosted applications.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales, Service, and Community Clouds considered an asset.
- Knowledge in ETL processes for moving and translating Salesforce data.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation (ranging from technical to user facing).
- Flexibility with a demonstrated ability to embrace change.
It Would be a Bonus if You Have:
- Salesforce certification(s)
- Experience with Document Generation software (DocuSign, Nintex, Conga, etc.)
- Experience with Workato
- Experience in the charitable/non-profit sector
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the community
- Salary of $59,823 – $66,065 (dependent on experience you bring)
- Competitive benefits package including generous RRSP contribution
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Flexible work environment with remote working
- Committed colleagues
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please share what makes you an ideal fit for this position and why you want to join the MakeWay Team.
MakeWay is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace community and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the selection process, please contact us.
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No recruiters please!