Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We were recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. With over 40 years of experience, we’re one of the largest settlement organizations in Canada engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
We’re seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills to train and mentor our facilitators, as well as develop and implement D&I curriculum across the organisation. This position will work out of the Vancouver Commercial Drive office..
Lead Facilitator, Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
Employment, Language & Social Enterprise
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Lead Facilitator Centre for Diversity and Inclusion supports colleagues in implementation of the Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) curriculum at the Centre for Diversity. Lead Facilitator is responsible for the ongoing training, guidance, mentoring, and support of D&I facilitators. The Lead Facilitator is also responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of curriculum that reflects the latest advancements in the field of D&I.
In coordination with the manager, the lead facilitator will
· Meet one-on-one with facilitators to discuss diversity and inclusion best practices, strategies and activities.
· Facilitate small group, informal discussions or sharing times for D&I facilitators aimed at developing curriculum and knowledge base
· Observe facilitators and provide feedback or suggestions as a colleague (not as a supervisor)
· Team-teach or facilitate on occasion as needed by the Centre for Diversity
· Provide demonstration lessons, activities and needs assessments
· Develop standard customer journey: client intake, needs assessment, logistical arrangements, workshop, follow up
· Assist in the development and implementation of a promotional and marketing strategy
· Assist in various meetings: client inquiry meetings, needs assessment meetings etc
· Communicate with the manager about the progress of implementation and any needs or concerns
· Other duties, as planned with the Manager
· Post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in a relevant field (i.e. adult Psychology, sociology, political science, inclusion studies) or demonstrated experience
· Four or more years of experience in facilitation of D&I workshops and development of D&I curriculum, use of online learning technologies, work with an immigrant populations and diverse cultural backgrounds, providing professional support to colleagues (e.g. mentoring, PD workshops, etc.)
· English communication skills, other languages an asset
· Organized and able to set priorities and meet deadlines
· Facilitation and Leadership skills
Full-time (35 hours per week)
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
We offer a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Lead Facilitator, Centre for Diversity & Inclusion”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Centre for Diversity
2555 Commercial Drive Suite 206
Vancouver, BC, V5N 4C1
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until filled
October 26th 2021
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!