Workforce Specialist, Job ID 7024
Full-time / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Markham
JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector. Our mission is to enable people to maximize their potential at work and school. The JVS Employment Source Markham office, funded by MLTSD, provides a range of services at one location, including information and referral services, one-on-one employment counselling, employment workshops, and job development placement services. We provide our services to a variety of clients, including persons with disabilities and those on Ontario Works, whom we help gain employment in their field.
Our employees benefit from competitive salaries, a friendly work environment and opportunities for continuous learning. JVS Toronto also offers a generous vacation package, group benefits and pension plans in addition to paid sick time, family care and wellness days, monthly wellness initiatives, access to an employee assistance program (EAP) and a variety of corporate discounts.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Meet job placement and retention targets using job development expertise including JVS Toronto’s consultative sales model
- Actively prospect (cold call) and network with employers; assess employer needs, and determine features/benefits using job development and sales skills
- Establish employment opportunities by contacting employers using random and targeted lead generation to ensure a diverse job bank that match clients’ abilities
- Work with clients to target resume(s) to available job prospects, and provide insights related to job interviews and job retention with JVS Toronto employers
- Monitor and assist with work-related issues and job performance that considers both job retention and employers feedback
- Negotiate job placements that meet both client and employer needs including financial ‘Training Incentives’ with all necessary agreement details, documentation, and approvals
- Maintain detailed employer and client records; enter all required information into a database
- Continue regular and ongoing contact with employers to strengthen relationships and integrate JVS Toronto as part of the employers recruitment efforts long term
- Contribute and organize employer events, i.e. virtual job fairs, expert employer sessions, info sessions, hiring events, etc.
- Research labour-market trends and opportunities to develop relationships with employers and better serve job seeker needs
- Conduct community outreach to increase visibility and job seeker participation in JVS programs
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- College diploma in Social Services, Marketing, or Human Resources; or evaluated as the Canadian equivalency
- 1-2 years of job development, sales, outreach, and/or recruitment experience
- Experience placing a variety of different candidates with a solid understanding of the barriers and challenges experienced by job seekers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: Second language i.e. Tamil or French preferred by not required
- Ability to use a variety of job development tools such as cold calling, social media, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop relationships with a wide range of individuals; employers, clients, colleagues, etc.
- Effective organization and time management skills
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle as travel is required for this position
- Knowledge of and exposure to Employment Ontario
- Strong understanding of the labour market
- Experience working with individuals facing barriers to employment
- EOPII training an asset but not required
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.