Program Assistant, Job ID #5005
Part time / 1-year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting October 1st, 2021 / Keele & Finch
JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector. Our mission is to enable people to maximize their potential at work and school. Our employees benefit from competitive salaries, a friendly work environment and opportunities for continuous learning. JVS Toronto also offers a generous vacation package, group benefits and pension plans in addition to paid sick time, family care and wellness days, monthly wellness initiatives, access to an employee assistance program (EAP) and a variety of corporate discounts. Learn about the work we do: www.jvstoronto.org
Project Welcome is a national online project newly funded by Immigration Refugees Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The goal of the project is to connect internationally educated professionals immigrating to Canada to smaller communities in Canada through pre-arrival online mentoring. JVS Toronto will partner with local community organizations to increase employer involvement in attracting immigrant talent to smaller communities in Canada by leveraging our existing online mentoring platform to deliver mentoring connections.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Provide information to potential clients and referral sources, describe program and answer questions knowledgeably; coordinate recruitment and referrals with other program partners, screen referrals for appropriateness of program and conduct intake assessments
- Guide and follow up on client progress and coordinate with partner organizations
- Assist in conducting regular follow-ups to track progress after completion of services and maintain relevant participant records
- Support project Employment Counsellor/Mentoring Coach with mentor matching, following up with program mentees and mentors
- Track participants’ progress and outcomes and prepare information for monthly and other reports as required on referrals, service delivery, outcomes and success stories
- Provide support to partner agencies by generating regular reports from the mentoring platform, being the point of contact for trouble-shooting user profile related issues.
- Provide clerical support, including editing and formatting reports, word processing of correspondence, reports and other materials, email, maintaining office supplies and equipment, ordering test supplies, etc.
- Provide administrative support during online events like webinars and other events
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma
- 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Strong technical skills and a proven ability to master new databases and tools
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to conduct research
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; detail oriented
- Strong administration skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience with data entry, inventory, spreadsheets, report presentation
- Customer service oriented and strong interpersonal skills; culturally sensitive
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- College Diploma in Administration preferred
- Knowledge of SalesForce
- Knowledge of the government database iCare
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter Here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.