Established in 1973, Interval House is Canada‘s first shelter for women and children experiencing abuse. We are trailblazers in the campaign for women’s empowerment and independence and we provide innovative, specialized, and transformative services that help to break the cycle of intimate partner violence.
Want to know more about Interval House? See www.intervalhouse.ca
Join us and be a part of our team:
Are you passionate about supporting a team that deliver services and care to clients who have experienced intimate partner violence? Are you results focused with an emphasis on quality and quantity standards with great attention to detail? Do you thrive in a diverse, supportive, and change-positive team?
Then joining this team may be your best move yet.
The Residential Program team is a group of caring, dedicated staff that provides programs and services that include a 30-bed shelter service, a 24-Hour Crisis Line, a Women’s Program, a Children’s Program.
As an Administrative Coordinator, you will utilize your planning and organisation skills to provide general administrative support to the Residential Program’s activities to achieve the desired outcomes. You will be able to demonstrate your computer skills and resourcefulness to provide support to the department’s record maintenance systems.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Perform general administrative support for the department
• Developing and maintaining the department records and internal database to ensure effectiveness
• Gathering data for internal and external reporting purposes
• Coordinate departmental meeting and event logistics
• Providing coverage assistance for the Residential Program front desk
• Performing building security check
Job & Competency Requirements:
• Education and minimum of one year experience in general administration
• Excellent computer skills and ability to learn record maintenance software
• Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
• Consistent ability to demonstrate professional behaviour in delivery of services
• Excellent organizing and time management abilities
• Respect for boundaries and excellent interpersonal skills
• Proactive and process-oriented working style, with attention to detail
• Must be flexible with workday and/or hours
• Ability to work well independently and under pressure within a time sensitive environment
• Ability to develop reliable work relationships within a diverse work environment
• Excellent documentation skills and records management
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Demonstrate ability to positively accept and respond to feedback
You will benefit from
Employer paid Group Insurance benefits
Paid vacation and sick benefits
Growth and learning opportunities
Working with a supportive, fun loving team
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Subject line: ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR – Residential Program
Good to Know
We thank all applicants. Please note, only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 is required upon hire.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
All successful applicants must agree to undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval House demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!