Social Services Staff Instructor/Trainer - Edmonton
Hours of Work Per Week: 32
Schedule: 4 days/wk however flexibility required for some evenings and weekends
WJS Canada has over 30 years of success stories providing social services and supports to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties.
Each day 700 dedicated staff serve approximately 1,300 persons through over 125 services. All our programs provide high quality, personalized and culturally responsive care in even the most complex cases designed to foster positive life changes, increase self-esteem and connections to the community/culture.
As in-house organizational Training Specialist, you'll design and facilitate Mandt, NVCI, ASIST Suicide Prevention, First Aid/CPR and Mental Health First Aid training programs to reinforce positive change, enhance team performance and build organizational capability. This position reports to the Director, Talent Development, Training Division.
This position will require travel within AB, BC & ONT to different programs and locations to deliver training and flexibility to work some evenings/weekends as needed.
In Your Role You Will
• Develop and deliver scalable and reusable learning and development solutions that supports WJS objective
• Use varied instructional techniques (in-class, e-learning, virtual, blended) to cater to a wide array of learning needs, including: materials/curriculum, course outlines, facilitator and participant guides, exercise guides, job aids, show me videos, and site content
• Evaluate, review and update training curriculum and delivery to ensure it reflects current best practices
• Evaluate student progress through grading and reporting
• Support key learning initiatives, including project reporting and timely identification of project issues, risks, and challenges.
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Extensive experience as a Group Facilitator or Trainer
• One or more of the following: Mandt Train the Trainer Advanced Certification; NVCI Instructor certification; First Aid and CPR Certified Instructor;
• Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Disability Studies, Behavioural Science, Special Needs, Adult Education, Teaching, Nurse Educator or related field.
• PLUS 3+ years’ experience in the field of Developmental Disabilities, Mental Health, Social Work, Acquired and Traumatic Brain Injury, Security & Corrections, Management or Psychology.
• Valid class 5 driver license with a clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle.
• Knowledge of emerging trends in Adult & Accelerated Learning, e-learning design principles, program evaluation methods, reporting on learning outcomes and experience using learning management systems to develop and deliver training content would be an asset.
• WJS Values of Passion, Integrity, Quality, Accountability and Teamwork
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Calm, confident, patient
• Self motivates and motivates others and is a positive role model.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada provides social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties through a personalized, trauma-informed approach to care in an environment of cultural respect and support.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Employer-paid health & dental benefits after 3 months of employment
• Professional development opportunities and job-related training
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!