Residential Services / Quick Response Program
Term Full-time (1 year)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Live-in Home Support Worker is a member of the residential team responsible for the direct care of youth placed with the Pacific Community Resources Quick Response Program. The program provides short-term (six to eight weeks) assessment and stabilization services to youth in the Fraser Region who are at high risk of harming themselves or others. Core responsibilities include: assisting in stabilization by providing basic care and supervision to youth, on and off-site; participating in the assessment and planning for each youth; and assisting in household duties. Adherence to standards of professional practice and the ability to work independently within a team framework is essential.
The Live-in Home Support Worker will have a sound understanding of levels of care and standards, and both normal and delayed or problematic development and behaviour.
1) Maintain a Safe and Supportive Environment and Provide a High Standard of Basic Care:
2) Assist in the Completion of a Comprehensive Assessment on Youth Involved in the Program:
3) Assist in Regular Household Duties:
4) Contribute to Team Performance:
5) Performance of Duties in Accordance With Accepted Standards of Practice:
Academic and Job Experience Required:
B.A. in a related field plus one-year related experience, or a Child and Youth Care Diploma plus two years’ experience, or a combination of related work experience/education with at-risk youth.
• Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
• Driver’s license with business insurance use
• Use of own vehicle required. Paid mileage.
• Driver’s Abstract
• Sound judgement and effective interpersonal skills
• Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
• Medical clearance
• Current standard first aid certificate
• Able to pass MCFD screening hub
• Residential experience with youth.
• Sexual abuse training
• Learning disabilities training including FASD, ADHD, Early childhood education, special needs
• Knowledge of attachment theory
• Knowledge of trauma-informed practice
• Second language prevalent in the Fraser Region
Jeet Dhaliwal, Residential Supervisor
Salary Range: $25.71/hour – $28.43/hour, Plus term Benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: November 26, 2021, at 4:00 pm
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS265
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications
from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!