Reporting to the manager, registration, the administrative assistant completes the application and registration requirements process for applications for independent practice and visiting physicians. Additionally, the administrative assistant is required to answer emails, voice mails and telephone calls about registration inquiries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- complete tasks related to applications or registration/licensing for provisional and full applicants for registration
- manage incoming requests and files for application for registration
- compile and review required documentation
- liaise with applicants regarding additional documentation required
- prepare files prior to registration appointment scheduling
- review pending applications to determine if any outstanding are ready for licensure, ensuring appropriate contact is made
- schedule registration interviews for physicians applying for licensure
- print, file and prepare internal and external documentation related to provisional licensure candidates as required (including Ministry of Health letters and Service Canada letters)
- answer emails, voice mails and telephone calls about registration inquiries
- answer the registration general phone line and provide information in response to registration-related inquiries
- provide written answers in response to email registration-related inquiries
- other related duties as required include but are not limited to the following
- office support (filing, photocopying, data entry)
- type routine correspondence
- draft post registration committee correspondence
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include the following:
- post-secondary degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- a background in health care or familiarity with medical language is preferred
- medical/surgical terminology an asset
- previous experience interfacing with patients or the public is an asset
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- excellent editing and proofreading skills
- excellent analytical and investigative skills
- ability to interpret, research and apply complex standards to provided information
- attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- demonstrated high level of initiative, time management and organizational ability
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- ability to organize and set work priorities
- ability to work both independently and as a team member
- ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
- ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment including a hybrid work-from-home/in-office model, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
All applications for this position must be submitted online at https://www.cpsbc.ca/about/careers/employment-opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The College welcomes all applicants and is dedicated to promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.