Residence Team Leader (RN)
May Court Hospice, Ottawa South
Contract , One Year, Full-time
December 2021 to January 2023
Hospice Care Ottawa is seeking dynamic and experienced Registered Nurse who has a passion and dedication to hospice palliative care and team leadership. If you are looking to broaden your experience in palliative care and to become part of a charitable, community-based organization, this contract/temporary assignment in December 2021 and ending January 2023 we look forward to your application!
May Court Hospice, located at 114 Cameron Avenue in Ottawa South is a 9-bed hospice residence that provides round the clock care and support to clients and their family members.
Under the direction of the Director of Residence Care, the Residence Team Leader oversees the day-to-day management and delivery of quality care to clients and their families/caregivers in residence at Hospice Care Ottawa and supervises unionized employees of the residence care team (RNs, RPNs and PSWs). The Team Leader is responsible for program management, human resources management and planning and development of the residence care team. The Residence Team Leader is a Registered Nurse (RN) with specialized training and experience in hospice palliative care.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Possess a Bachelor of Science – Nursing (BScN)
2. Registration as an RN with the College of Nurses of Ontario
3. CHPCNC – Certified in Hospice Palliative Care Nursing (C)anada
4. LEAP Certificate (Learning Essential Approaches in Palliative Care), or willingness to obtain within 6 months of hiring
5. Current CPR/BLS
6. At least three (3) years or more direct experience in hospice palliative care
7. At least one (1) year of supervisory experience that includes leadership, administration, supervision of staff, program development/evaluation, risk management, health and safety
8. Experience working in a unionized environment
9. Knowledge of and experience in working in an interdisciplinary client care environment
Skills & Abilities:
1. Understanding of Ethics as they relate to Palliative Care
2. Demonstrated commitment to team work and ability to collaborate effectively
3. Self-motivated, results orientated, personable, well-organized
4. Excellent verbal and written communication in English
5. Ability to effectively communicate with tact and diplomacy
6. Strong computer skills (MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
7. Ability to work flexible hours
1. Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this role. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of Residence Care
Position Status: Full-time, Contract 1 year, December 2021– January 2023
Schedule: Monday – Friday, Days, with rotational weekend /holiday On-Call requirement
Union Position: Non-Union.
Work Location: May Court Hospice, 114 Cameron Avenue, Ottawa
Remote Work Option: No
Language of Work: English – mandatory; Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
Who We Are:
Hospice Care Ottawa is a community-based, charitable organization providing high quality end-of-life care for terminally ill people living in Ottawa. Services aim to provide clients and their loved ones with an experience in palliative and end-of-life care which is supportive and peaceful, free of pain, surrounded by caring that reflects as closely as possible to a comfortable home environment. Hospice Care Ottawa programs include community and residential hospice services. HCO relies on and values the contribution of over 700 volunteers who contribute to every aspect of our programs. HCO is looking for people to work in a supportive integrated environment who are committed to providing the highest quality palliative care.
We are an equal opportunity employer welcoming application from individuals with diverse backgrounds. Accommodation is available during all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please make your request known when contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!