Team Leader - Disability Supports - Barrhead, AB
Schedule: 40 hrs/wk; Set rotation (to be determined) working direct in program plus supervision/office time.
WJS Canada's Community Disability Services team in Barrhead and Westlock encourages persons with developmental disabilities to build on strengths, further develop life skills, overcome barriers and actively participate in their community.
The Team Lead supervises multiple programs for persons with developmental disabilities (PDD), acquired brain injuries (ABI), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), ensuring high quality physical, behavioural and emotional supports. This is achieved through hiring and scheduling staff who are trained and committed to delivering service excellence; developing and monitoring Individual Service Plans (ISP), and working directly with the persons served and their families/care teams to develop a safe/goal-oriented program.
In Your Role You Will
• Work a combination of days, evenings (1x/week) and weekends (1x/month), more if required
• Manage the daily operation of the programs (facilities, equipment and disability support staff)
• Schedule, supervise, orient/train and evaluate residential staff
• Ensure staff record and report client/program information (e.g. daily logs, incidents reports)
• Approve time sheets and related payroll documents
• Participate on the assessment/treatment teams for the admission, assessment & placement of individuals referred for service
• Assist Program Director with staff performance reviews/improvement plans and coordination of case conferences
• Consult the Program Director in implementing performance improvement plans and as necessary, discipline of staff
• Participate on the behavior review committee
• Be available for on call rotation
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma or Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education, Psychology, Sociology, Nursing, Management, etc.
• Minimum 2 years management/supervisor experience
• Minimum 5 years' experience providing residential service to persons with developmental disabilities and complex needs; Disability Support Worker or Practitioner, Healthcare Aide or LPN
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities; augmented by specialized training
• Experience writing and implementing program plans and goals an asset
• Valid class 5 driver license, clear driving abstract and vehicle
• First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Leadership and crisis management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work with multiple persons served, as well as, with staffing teams
• Calm, confident, patient, self-motivated and motivates others; a positive role model.
What WJS Canada does
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Independent living and family support services
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Employer-paid health & dental benefits after 3 months of employment
• Professional development opportunities and job-related training
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!