Cameray Child and Family Services Posting - Sexual Assault Response Counsellor
Cameray Child and Family Services is a community-based agency committed to the strengthening of individuals and families through a spectrum of services including counselling, education, outreach and advocacy since 1972. All of our services are offered free of charge.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate counsellor to join our team at 25 hours a week to start as soon as possible, with a potential of additional 10 hours a week for incumbent with experience in working with children.
Key Responsibility Area – Counselling for clients who have experienced sexual assault
- To function as part of a clinical team
- To provide individual and group therapy for clients who have experienced sexual assault
Key Responsibility Area – Referral, Information and Consultation
- To provide occasional crisis intervention to clients
- To work in collaboration with Cameray victim support worker
- To liaise with other agencies/professionals regarding clients for purposes of consultation or referral
Key Responsibility Area – Community Liaison/Advocacy
- To advocate for and to co-ordinate client services with victim support worker, other agencies and professionals
- To promote the program in the community
Key Responsibility Area – Administration
- Develop an appropriate treatment plan in conjunction with the client and conduct regular reviews of the treatment process
- Maintain client files, recording client visits and key information, prepare client progress reports
- Complete all required data collection, including clinical stats
- Submit time sheets and other information as required
Key Responsibility Area – Professional Development
- Keep abreast of development in the fields of sexual abuse and trauma counselling
- Attend specified workshops and conferences
- Network with colleagues and other professionals in the field
- M.S.W. or M.A. /M.Ed./Psychology
- Minimum of two years clinical experience, including work with clients who experienced sexual assault
- Training and experience in sexual abuse counselling and individual and group therapy
- In depth knowledge of sexual abuse dynamics
- Crisis intervention skills
- Competence and comfort in working with diversity
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a professional team
- Drivers License
- This position is covered under a collective agreement; salary range is $37.66 - $46.15/hr.
- Cameray recognizes the systemic discrimination that Black, Indigenous, Persons of Colour and many other groups have historically experienced, and continue to face in our society, and in our community. We are committed to being an inclusive, welcoming and unbiased employer and service provider, and we are encouraging members of these communities to apply for this position. Please feel free to let us know if you carry any of these identities.
- Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check. Notarized copy of degree(s) certification required.
- Must have access to a reliable car, some evening work may be required.