18-month contract position
Monday – Thursday 11:15am – 7:30pm
Friday 9:15am – 5:30pm
(full-time 36.25hr/wk) – 1 vacancy
On call rotation of approximately 7 weeks per year required
Posting opens – Friday, November 12th, 2021
Posting closes – Monday, November 29th, 2021
Pre-screen Interview – Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
Interview & Presentation – Monday, December 6th, 2021 or Tuesday, December 7th,2021
For the interview, you will need to create a 10-minute presentation on why you believe you’re the ideal candidate, more details to follow.
Job Offer – Friday, December 10th, 2021
Start Date – Tuesday, January 4th, 2022 or Wednesday, January 19th, 2022 (Subject to conversation during interview)
Since 2002, the Zebra Child Protection Centre and our multi-disciplinary team of partners have worked towards the common goals of supporting children, youth and families who have experienced abuse and creating a future where every child is heard. We bring together a community of professionals to provide a continuum of support for children and youth throughout the entire disclosure, investigative, judicial, and healing process.
The Zebra Child Protection Centre is looking to hire a Justice Support Coordinator for a 18 month term contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the current team within Child Support Services, our community child advocate volunteers, and the multi-disciplinary team of partners at the Zebra Centre to ensure the children, youth families coming through our doors are supported.
The person filling this position must understand the Zebra Centre’s work as a Child Advocacy Centre, as well as an understanding of our Vision Statement (A community where every child is heard, and respected and child abuse is not tolerated. The Zebra Centre is recognized as the leader in child advocacy) and our Mission Statement (To provide a collaborative response to child abuse through intervention, advocacy, and a continuum of support in a child-friendly environment).
This is an integral position with the primary responsibilities of managing the support of children, youth, and caregivers at the Zebra Centre through file support and ensuring timely follow-up over the phone and email. They are responsible for the supports provided by the community child advocates and the Child Support Services team in the evening. Additional responsibilities may include directly supporting children, youth and families, administrative tasks, supporting the general work of the Child Support Services Program.
The Justice Support Coordinator will possess the following qualifications and skills:
• Enrolled in a program or completed a program within the social sciences, social work, child and youth care, or related field, or two years equivalent experience.
• Sound knowledge of child development, trauma informed practices, and the judicial system.
• Prior victim services/advocacy experience is an asset.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to change and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven effectiveness in leading, managing and supervising staff and/or community volunteers.
• Commitment and ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
• Strong self-awareness and boundaries supported by established personal wellness practices.
• Strong proficiency with computer systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Successful passing of an Edmonton Police Service Enhanced Security Clearance and a Children’s Services Vulnerable Sector Check.
• We work with accredited facility dogs on-site.
• Due to a high volume of interested applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
• The Zebra Child Protection Centre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse facility. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We encourage First Nations, Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression to apply
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!