Be someone's eyes and ears. Bring the world to a person who is deaf-blind
Sensity has an exciting opportunities for Full Time Intervenors to join our team in beautiful Paris, ON. The Intervenor supports communication and day-to-day living for individuals who are living with dual sensory impairment so that they may live independently. Join us to learn new skills and experience personal growth and fulfillment.
- Full Time: 40 hours/week
- Shifts may include: days, evenings, overnights and weekends on a rotational schedule provided 4 weeks in advance
- Opportunity for "pick-up" shifts
- Internal ID: P2, P3, P4, P8, P10
- A competitive wage of $19.38/hour Intervenors working for Sensity will be eligible for the Temporary Wage Enhancement. You will be receiving an additional $3 per hour for all hours worked
- Benefit plan including a health spending account
- Paid sick days
- An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings.
- Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after one year of service
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops in the community and abroad
- Supporting the consumer in their home and community environments
- Using communication techniques to relay information
- Empowering the consumer to participate and be successful in all aspects of daily living including personal hygiene, meal preparation, house cleaning, volunteerism, among others.
- Providing personal care as required (e.g. lifts and transfers, toileting, personal hygiene, medication administration, etc.)
- Assisting with developing and supporting consumer goals and objectives
- Assisting with program development
- Ensuring documentation and records are complete
Education and Related Experience:
- We will train you to support our clients through our in-house training program
- Experience supporting persons with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviours
- Experience supporting persons with mental health conditions
- Completion of a college diploma or certificate in the Intervenor for Deafblind Persons program, or: Developmental Services Worker (DSW), Social Services Worker (SSW), Community Services Worker (CSW), Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), or a related human services field
- Basic Communication in American Sign Language (ASL) or Sign Exact English (SEE)
- Requirement to provide documentation of two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose. (note: those seeking a medical exemption or an exemption related to a Human Rights Code Ground must provide documentation for approval)
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of a successful Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance
- This position requires a valid driver's license Class G, access to a reliable vehicle, a clean current driver's abstract and the ability to obtain automobile insurance with a minimum liability of $2 million
- This position requires repetitive hand motion and good manual dexterity and moderate stooping, bending and lifting. The incumbent must be able to lift 35 lbs to 50 lbs on an occasional basis. The position will be required to work indoors and outdoors
Apply NOW with your resume!
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.