We are searching for an experienced mental health professional who wants to make a difference in lives of vulnerable individuals. The successful incumbent would be the go-to person to help some of our clients become housed. This includes among other duties, housing search, negotiating with landlords on behalf of the client, helping to acquire much needed household goods, arranging moving and utilities, arranging home visits and much more.
EMPLOYEE CATEGORY: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY RANGE: Grid 34 – HEU – Community Subsector,
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 (one) vacancy
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but may vary according to client needs.
START DATE: December 6, 2021
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- accompanying client on housing search, negotiating a tenancy agreement with landlord, and arranging for security deposits and payment of rent.
- acquiring furnishings and household items, arranging utilities, and negotiating moving allowances with Ministry of Social Development an Poverty Reduction.
- arranging movers and assisting with move, if necessary.
- conducting in-home visits.
- facilitating participation in social, vocational, recreational, educational, and self-help programs in
- assisting with problem solving related to activities of daily living.
- providing life skills training in identified areas which may include: self-care, home management, nutrition, money management, personal effectiveness, personal safety, health and fitness, medication management, and community integration.
- collaborating with Burnaby Mental Health case managers to support client’s self-directed goals.
- developing Recovery Plan Reviews with client and case manager.
- facilitating on-going implementation and evaluation of Recovery Plans.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!