1. Performs administrative duties such as estimating food and supply requirements based on menus and minimum/maximum inventory levels, placing purchase orders with external suppliers, receiving supplies, checking invoices against orders and goods received, storing and distributing supplies, and contacting suppliers to obtain and provide information and to investigate invoice anomalies and damaged shipments. Shops for food items and monitors kitchen expenditures.
2. Prepares and serves meals and snacks in accordance with established menus and recipes, by performing duties such as planning food preparation and cooking schedules, cooking, roasting, grilling, baking, testing for palatability, and carving. Modifies and adjusts established menus as required.
3. Provides direction to Cook 1s, food service workers, clients, and/or volunteers, and monitors and assists as required.
4. Performs inventory control duties such as storing and rotating food and supplies.
5. Performs cleaning duties such as cleaning food preparation equipment, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning sinks and counters, cleaning kitchen and storage areas such as walls, ovens, and freezers, and removing garbage.
6. Washes, scrubs, and rinses pots, pans, dishes, and utensils by hand, dishwasher, and/or potwasher.
7. Monitors functioning of equipment, and reports malfunctions and maintenance and repair requirements to manager.
8. Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as recipes and records of client preferences, allergies, and special dietary needs.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to work with people with a mental illness.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to plan and prepare menu plans
• Ability to observe clients and their environments, and report unsafe conditions behavioral, physical and cognitive changes to the appropriate staff
• Maintains an adequate food supply inventory
• Cooks and serves for the day according to the daily routine
• Maintains and implements a cleaning routine which includes daily, monthly and annual cleaning of the food service areas
• Purchases food and kitchen supplies within established budgets including investigating anomalies
• Ensures safe storage of food including the Emergency preparedness supplies
• Performs other duties as assigned
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!