Date Posted: November 19, 2021
Application Deadline: December 3, 2021
Job Type: FT Salaried position
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
Posting ID: 00-HRBP
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Are you our next HR Business Partner? Reporting to the Director of People & Culture, we are looking a for passionate and innovative “people” expert to steward GREAT team member experiences and guide leaders on everything people-related. At Goodwill, we strive to provide exceptional experiences for each of our team members, champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and put people first in all that we do. Our HR Business Partners are responsible for providing continual improvement and integrates HR solutions in line with Goodwill’s purpose, vision, values and strategy. Support and coaching provided to our leaders is one of partnership and accomplished by serving as a consultant to all levels of leadership on HR-related issues by assessing and anticipating HR-related needs, and seeking to value-added solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contributing to a high-performance people-focused, purpose-driven culture through personal leadership, teamwork and the development of individual accountability for performance and continuous improvement.
- Recruitment and Selection
- Working with the HR Administrator and leaders to manage the recruitment and selection process for team members at all levels.
- Supporting and working with managers to ensure the productive onboarding of the successful candidates into the role and the enterprise.
- Performance Improvement
- Coaching and advising managers in effective conduct and management of all performance improvement processes.
- Supporting leaders in responding to any team member grievances.
- Providing proactive leadership coaching to managers on how to work with team members prior to initiating the formal performance improvement process.
- Developing HR systems for the organization.
- Auditing and redeveloping current HR policies, processes and systems, in line with Goodwill’s culture.
- Developing and delivering workshops in line with the Learning and Development Strategy, addressing technical and leadership skill development, including the tools.
- Preparing, co-ordinating and providing relevant HR reporting as required monthly, quarterly and annually utilizing databases and systems.
- Championing Diversity-Equity-Inclusion initiatives and supporting leaders in the integration and implementation of DEI programs at their sites.
What you bring to the table:
- A degree or diploma specializing in Human Resource Management.
- CPHR designation or working towards is an asset.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources with progressive responsibilities (the fun part!).
- A strong working knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards and Human Rights Legislation (the less fun part).
- Experience using an HRIS software.
- The ability to travel to different Goodwill locations in the region (using a personal vehicle and/or the Goodwill van – which requires a class 5 driver’s license).
- Prior experience working in retail or social services industries is considered a bonus, but not required.
- Advanced written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- A high level of emotional intelligence and relationship building skills with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan, prioritize and make decisions.
- Advanced leadership and coaching skills, using a variety of learning/training concepts.
- You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill stakeholders.
- You demonstrate teamwork and you recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect, including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.