The mission of Auberge Shalom pour femmes (ASPF) is to provide safe shelter, counselling, and advocacy support for the full diversity of women and children affected by conjugal violence as well as to break the cycle of conjugal violence through education, prevention and advocacy. ASPF has a special mandate to serve women from the Jewish community: the organization runs a 12-bed shelter as well as an external counselling office and a Children’s and Youth Services Program.
About the positions: ASPF is looking to add energetic new staff to join our On-call relief staff (must be available for flexible hours overnight and weekends, as needed) and Emergency back-up specifically for Saturday days and/or overnight.
Working conditions & Shifts
● Flexible hours (primarily overnights and weekends)
● Start date: Immediate
● Must be available during the Christmas/New Years holiday season
● Starting Salary: $21.51/ Daytime hours and $17.83 / Night hours
Tasks and Responsibilities
● To provide frontline services to Centre clients which include telephone intake, telephone support services and referrals and crisis intervention as needed
● To ensure the shelter runs smoothly during the shift
● To participate in Full Staff meetings every 10-12 weeks
● To work as part of a diverse team using a trauma-informed approach
● DEC or bachelor degree in Social Work or a related field
● Bilingual in English and French
● Knowledgeable about conjugal violence and women’s issues
● Experience working with cultural sensitivity
● Flexibility and ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
● Work experience in related field
● Understanding of the Jewish community and its customs
● Ability to communicate in a third language
● Educational background in women’s studies or related field
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!