- Ensures house rules are observed.
- Supports the delivery of programs/orientation and services to the residents.
- Responsible for the intake/admission, pre-departure services and check-out of residents.
- Responsible for ensuring welcome packages and admission files are ready and prepared regularly.
- Ensure rooms are set up and equipped with toiletries, food, baby formula, diapers etc.
- Organize and maintain supplies in the storage office and keep an up-to date inventory of supplies (e.g. diapers, formula, coffee, sugar etc.)
- Deliver food to client rooms.
- Supports the smooth operation of the Centre, which includes responding to emergencies.
- De-escalates non-violent crises, e.g. client altercation, family conflicts.
- Conducts COVID screening and temperature check for clients.
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with supervisor regarding any client concerns.
- Supports the general office duties such as answering telephones and responding to client issues.
- Provides interpretation services, as required.
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with the hotel management regarding any client concerns.
- Community college diploma in community work/human services or equivalent.
- Minimum six (6) months fulltime work experience working in shelter setting
- Excellent communication skills.
- Priority consideration for fluency in Dari and Pashto languages.
- Knowledge of specific issues facing resettled refugees in general and the Resettlement Assistance Program more specifically.
- Demonstrated experience responding to crises and providing supportive counselling.
- Ability to work independently.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months.
- Possession of a current First Aid/CPR training certificate would be an asset.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
LOCATION: Warden & HWY 401, Dixon Rd & Hwy 401
DURATION: December 13, 2021 – March 31, 2022
STARTING SALARY: $21.68 - $23.33 per hour
POSTING DATE: November 22, 2021
CLOSING DATE: December 3, 2021
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
quoting reference # 212-21, to: