Encompass Support Services Society is an accredited, non-profit agency that provides a wide range of programs and support services in Langley and Aldergrove for over 25 years. We help to build strong, sustainable communities by offering inclusive, accessible services tailored to meet the changing needs of the individuals and community we serve.
At Encompass, we are committed to a journey towards cultural humility and safety; for the well-being of those we serve and those, we work along-side. We gratefully acknowledge that the programs, services and offices of Encompass are on the unceded, sovereign Indigenous lands of the Coast Salish People. This includes the territories of Kwantlen, Katzie, Matsqui and Semiahmoo First Nations. We also acknowledge the Métis and Inuit people who make Langley their home.
Our purpose is to strengthen the health and vitality of community by identifying and responding to community needs, collaborating to enhance the lives of those we serve, while cultivating effective and sustainable partnerships.
Our vision is to empower individuals, to connect people, and to enrich lives. We value community, integrity, excellence, accountability, dynamic leadership and culture, advocacy, diversity, empowerment and collaboration.
Programs and supports are designed to build new skills, to foster healthy, productive lifestyles and to improve access to services within our community. Services are low-barrier, all-inclusive and at no cost to participants. Annually, we provide services to over 2500 individuals and families.
We are currently looking for self-directed, engaging, empathetic, Full-Time Permanent, Youth and Family Support Worker to support our Youth and Family Programs. Reporting to the Youth and Family Coordinator, this position will provide support services to clients through assessing, educating, networking and engaging clients in activities that build strength, confidence and resiliency. This position will also include supporting Youth engaged in the justice system and other duties as required including parent teen mediation.
JOB POSTING: 2021-0100YFSW
DATE: November 23, 2021
POSITION: Youth and Family Support Worker
This position requires Union membership – BCGEU
SALARY RANGE: Grid 12 Step 1 - $24.48
BENEFITS: as per collective agreement
VACATION: as per collective agreement
LOCATION: 103 – 20230 64 AVE , Langley
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Preferably December 13, 2021
REPORTS TO: Youth and Family Program Coordinator
CLOSING DATE: This posting will remain open until the position is filled
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Required to monitor youth’s compliance with court orders, which may include (Intensive Supervision & Support, Curfew Checks, and Community Work Service).
• Gathers information relevant to client’s problems, needs and risks by interviewing, observing behavior, meeting with providers using a variety of inventories, checklists, and questionnaires. Assess the information gathered to identify client problems, needs, and risks.
• May provide brief interventions, which may include mediation with the goal of re-integrating and or maintain the youth in their family.
• Provide support, guidance and problem solving to clients who are struggling with compliance to conditions and reportability.
• Develops and implements short-term, issue specific intervention plans within program guidelines in consultation with the supervisor that will help youth to transition to independence.
• Support and provide families of youth with mediation and community resources as needed.
1. Education and Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in human/social services or related field
2. Training and Experience
• One (1) year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Direct service delivery experience in community social services sector, knowledge of Youth Criminal Justice Act and related provincial and community resources and service providers is preferred.
• Current First Aid Certification required.
3. Skills and Abilities
• Solid professional written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues with a commitment to team approach.
• Ability to deal effectively with conflict and crisis.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
4. Other Information
• Able to work within a flexible work schedule including some evenings and possibly weekends.
• Must possess a valid BC Class 5 Drivers’ license, have a reliable vehicle, business insurance and drivers abstract review. (mileage paid for work use)
• Must have a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
• Criminal Record Check
At Encompass Support Services Society, equity, diversity, and inclusion at the core of who we are. These principles guide us in our programs and services and in fostering an environment of dignity, respect and belonging. We encourage applications from persons with historical and/or current barriers to equity, who will work respectfully within our inclusive organization and diverse community.
Encompass Support Services Society follows the guidelines of the Public Health Officer and WorkSafeBC to ensure all our employees, contractors and volunteers are welcomed into a safe environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please no phone calls.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!