Do you love helping others? Are you looking for a career with purpose?
With a career at Sensity, you will exercise creativity and experience personal growth and fulfillment through meaningful human connections.
Sensity is a registered charity providing services and programs to members of the deafblind community. We are recognized in Canada and around the world as a leader in the provision of Intervenor Services.
Sensity seeks an Executive Assistant for an immediate opening for full time permanent role in our beautiful location in Paris, ON. Reporting to the Chief Executive Office, the Executive Assistant will directly responsible for providing administrative support to the CEO and the Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant performs complex administrative functions to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the organization.
If you share our vision that all people who are Deafblind will live rich, meaningful lives and you have the education and experience indicated below, then we would love to receive your application!
- Manages all aspects of the CEO's schedule / calendar, including, but not limited to: calendar management, correspondence, coordination of meetings (agendas, documents and presentations), and recording minutes and action items for update, resolution and/or closure.
- Facilitates all processes associated with coordinating and scheduling Sensity, Deafblind International and DBNO Board and committee meetings, inclusive of taking minutes and supporting follow up of action items and ensuring the scheduling and bookings.
- Provides support for the Deafblind International Secretariat including administrative tasks, directing questions to appropriate persons, liaison with the DBI treasurer, and ManCom committee.
- Responsible for operation of the Access Intervenor Services (AIS), inclusive of confirming eligibility, human support for systems, sending notifications and acting as the main contact.
- Supervision of the Administrative Assistant.
- Exercise tact and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- College diploma in Office Administration, business administration or equivalent. Event management certification is an asset.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Five (5) years of experience working within an administrative role with senior level employees.
- Working knowledge of meeting management, conference management, office operations / procedures and best practices.
- Good oral and written communication skills (in both English and French), with a strong client service orientation. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. ASL skills would be an asset.
- Good presentation skills
- Solid time management, attention to detail and organizational skills. Adaptable and flexible with an ability to respond to changing work priorities, pressure and demands.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Smart Board, audio systems (including projector, microphone, sound system and multiple-line phone systems) is an asset.
Working Environment and Demands
- The position is primarily performed in the head office setting with the occasional need to attend / work in other offices.
- Regular requirement for multi-tasking, simultaneous multiple urgent demands and / or work requiring attention to detail, subject to frequent, regular interruptions, or peak periods requiring an accelerated work pace or deadlines.
- Occasional exposure to uncomfortable, challenging or hazardous conditions, such as noise, driving in inclement weather / poor road conditions, or verbal conflict.
- Salaried position based on 40 hours / week, Monday to Friday with the occasional need to work evenings and weekends. This position is not required to be on-call.
- Occasional travel is required within Ontario and Internationally.
- Regular requirement for manual dexterity / coordination for computer use; regular requirement for light physical exertion typical of an office position, such as sitting, standing, walking and operating office equipment; minimal requirement for heavy physical exertion, including the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (e.g. office equipment, boxes, and A / V equipment machines).
- Regular requirement for low-intensity mental, visual or aural concentration for such activities as reading, inputting data, taking notes; minimal requirement for high intensity mental, visual or aural concentration such as analyzing large volumes of data, listening to calls / presentations or face-to-face interactions of a more complex nature; minimal requirement for emotional strain.
If you share our vision that "is your journey, our supports, endless possibilities" and you have the education and experience indicated within, then we would love to receive your application! If you are interested in the Executive Assistant position, please apply before November 29, 2021 by submitting your resume and cover letter. All applications will be held in confidence. We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Please quote job EAFT112921 in your cover letter when applying.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.