The Adult Case Worker provides support and guidance to newly arrived families. This position provides outreach, intake, support planning for families in the Moving Ahead Program.
- Works closely with the Program Delivery Supervisor in program planning and delivery for multi-barrier families.
- Engages in outreach to make connections with newly arrived and/or “hard to reach” families.
- Carries out intake and assessment with clients and develops wraparound support plans for clients.
- Provides one-on-one counselling to clients.
- Assists the Life Skills facilitator in organizing, facilitating and preparing curriculum for discussion groups.
- Provides bridging services for adults and families.
- Facilitates communication between various systems and clients who have language and cultural barriers.
- Provides home outreach and visitation as needed.
- Follows up with clients/agencies to assess effectiveness of services and referrals.
- Maintains required documentation on clients.
- Prepares exit plans for clients and provide follow-up.
- Assists with addressing barriers to participation such as transportation, language, and/or literacy.
- Assist with other activities as required.
Requirements and qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A degree in the Human Service field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years’ experiences addressing settlement needs and issues of multi-barrier immigrants and refugees.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with clients suffering from emotional and mental health issue
- At least 2 years’ experience using case planning and case management principles and technique
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Strong written, verbal, and active listening skills; able to communicate effectively and respectfully with people with a variety of backgrounds and abilities.
- Well-developed ability to communicate with individuals who have low English levels.
- Strong understanding of intercultural family dynamic
- Well-developed knowledge of program eligibility criteria.
- Strong knowledge of case planning and case management principles and technique
- Able to set boundaries with clients.
- Well-developed knowledge of BC’s systems, able to connect clients to mainstream service
- Strong crisis intervention and de-escalation skill
- Well-developed computer skills, able to use Microsoft Office Suite and use any required databases.
- Must have a car and a valid Class 5 driving license
- Fluent in Dari or Pashto Language