Location/Lieu: Timmins, Ontario
Position/Poste: Instructor -Full Time
Job Skills Training Instructor
- Participate in the development of the job search training program
- Instruct the Job Search Training program including resume creation, cover letters, reporting to funders
- Adjust the presentation of material based on client needs
- Help the Vocational Team to assess motivation based on participation in the training.
- Measure the consumer’s progress and provide timely feedback on skills learned, areas of success and specific action recommendations to enable further understanding.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Diploma in Education, Psychology, Career Counselling, or Career Development.
- Experience working with at risk youth
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in Vocational Rehabilitation with people with disabilities
- Minimum of one year’s experience teaching adults who have employment barriers.
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that people with disabilities experience
- Familiarity with current methods of vocational rehabilitation, career counseling including assessment, service planning, job search skills, job analysis and job placement.
- Experience adapting traditional educational methodology to various disability types to accommodate individual consumer needs.
- Extensive knowledge of private sector and labor market trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills; bilingualism in English & French an asset
- Well-developed time management, organization and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to document, maintain records and write reports
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Salary Range/Échelle des salaires: $26.67 per hour
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au 12/07/2021
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Chantal Cardinal
Position: VR Team Lead
Address: 102-38 Pine St N, Timmins, ON P4N 6K6
March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.